C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2011 C250 Video AUX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C250
2011 C250 Video AUX

Hey - done alot of research but still stumped..

I want to hook up VIM and a Video Input device... VIM easy - done.

I have no AUX input, the slot in the glovebox where it is supposed to be, is empty. There is no AUX cable behind glovebox 'loose' either.

I pulled the whole glovebox and head unit out to confirm, and nothing..

However, there is 1 FAKRA cable plugged into the double green Fakra port on the COMAND... so I thought this was good, but I traced it and it runs to the left from Headunit towards glovebox, then tucks into a larger cable bundle and runs back under the centre console towards rear of car....

Anyway I can tell if this is running to the MMI (waiting for a MMI to AUX adapter) or maybe it runs to the boot somewhere for a rear cam in future?

Im guessing my options are to either buy the MMI to AUX adapter (dealer only wants to sell me a pack of 3 for $160...) or to buy a FAKRA to RCA cable and run it into glovebox?

If I do MMI to AUX, that definately does Video also correct? I.e a 3 channel 3.5mm jack that I Can convert to 3xRCA inputs?

Cheers..

ALSO, I just put the VIM in today and it all worked and tested it, however just as I Was packing up I turned it on again and go the 'Anti Theft Protection Activated' message...

Cant seem to get rid of it but doing any unlock/lock cycle with key, or by soft or hard resetting... any other thoughts?

Should I maybe disconnect the vim, try resetting it then and re-installing VIM after?

Old 05-29-2019, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
I knie its been donkeys years since a reply 😂
But ive just seen the post and i have exactly the same thoughts as you
Just wondering have you sorted it out. If so would you be able to guide me through

Thanks in advance