C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2014 C300 4Matic Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 VW Golf 2dr
2014 C300 4Matic Sport

I'm looking to buy my first MB (I've owned all VWs up to this point) in a few months, when I graduate college. I've been wanting to do this for a while as a reward for myself for finishing school (while working full time for the past several years), and as my current vehicle is about 6 years old and could use some aesthetic repairs, and possibly some mechanical ones soon too, the timing seems appropriate.

I'm interested in the C-Class, and don't have any interest in wasting money on a new vehicle, since I can get a slightly used one for so much less. I also don't care for the body of the 2015+ C-Class; I prefer the body style of the 2014, which is too bad because I'd rather buy a used newer year vehicle, but it's not a huge deal since I want to love exactly what I buy. I've settled on the 2014 C300 4Matic Sport, red exterior, black and silver interior. Unfortunately there don't appear to be a ton of these for sale, so I've been searching nationwide and see there are enough that I can choose when the time is right, but I may need to travel a bit to get it. Fortunately I'm not rushed to buy the car since mine is still operating fine for now (knock on wood).

The prices I've been seeing are around $25-29k for between 10-25k miles. This works fine for me, especially considering that the difference between the price of a new equivalent and the one I'm considering is more than my current car cost brand new! I am aware my insurance will cost more, and vehicle maintenance will be more than my VWs, but this isn't much of a concern. Is there anything in particular you all can tell me about this car, or something to watch out for, as I get closer to making a purchase? Is CPO vs used worth it? Any known problematic part? Any reason not to get 4Matic? That kind of stuff.

Thanks for the input: I'm looking forward to joining the MB family!
Old 06-05-2016, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
If you don't mind going the distance, usually you can find cheaper cars...be careful though, dealers like to play tricks, and lets just say you can't see every scratch :S

Found this relatively near me, I assume there's better stuff near you (where are you from?) https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2901/overview/

Idk if you're into it like I am, but you should also check out red leather: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5589/overview/

Looks sick IMO.

Also, I use this site to grab a general idea if the car doesn't have a carfax: https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck
generally to check so it isn't salvage, but it's free, so what the heck.
There is a thread on here that can get you a full report though, has to do
with the color code of the cars...link someone?

If you can get CPO go for it, because you never know; a few people on here have gotten really unlucky and have had a lot of issues (throughout gens w204) but it's purely up to you.

Good luck on your car search!
Old 06-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 VW Golf 2dr
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
If you don't mind going the distance, usually you can find cheaper cars...be careful though, dealers like to play tricks, and lets just say you can't see every scratch :S

Found this relatively near me, I assume there's better stuff near you (where are you from?) https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2901/overview/

Idk if you're into it like I am, but you should also check out red leather: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5589/overview/

Looks sick IMO.

Also, I use this site to grab a general idea if the car doesn't have a carfax: https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck
generally to check so it isn't salvage, but it's free, so what the heck.
There is a thread on here that can get you a full report though, has to do
with the color code of the cars...link someone?

If you can get CPO go for it, because you never know; a few people on here have gotten really unlucky and have had a lot of issues (throughout gens w204) but it's purely up to you.

Good luck on your car search!
Thanks for all the info! I'm located in NC. It seems like Florida and California seem to have the highest concentration of the exact vehicle I'm looking for, which I guess kinda makes sense based on weather and demographics. The red leather you posted looks really cool, but I don't know if I can see myself driving that; I feel like it's something I would rather ooh and ahh at online, but wouldn't want to look at every day. Just personal preference.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Originally Posted by agreenbhm
Thanks for all the info! I'm located in NC. It seems like Florida and California seem to have the highest concentration of the exact vehicle I'm looking for, which I guess kinda makes sense based on weather and demographics. The red leather you posted looks really cool, but I don't know if I can see myself driving that; I feel like it's something I would rather ooh and ahh at online, but wouldn't want to look at every day. Just personal preference.
It suits you as long as you're under 35. xD