C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Why does my LED for lights go out when engine turned on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C300 2010 4Matic Sport AMG Package
Exclamation Why does my LED for lights go out when engine turned on?

Title fix:Why does my LED fog lights go out when engine turned on?
I got LED foglights in exchange from using halogen bulbs, but when I give power to the bulbs with the car off both work perfectly fine. When I turn the engine on and giving power to the fog lights, the driver side goes out for 3Sec back on 5sec then repeat. So it keeps going in this loop and it precisely the same each time...
Now being that the other side is working perfectly I feel like it with the bulb because I get a Error on the light and its supposed to be an error free bulb so I think the circuit that controls the LED in the bulb is broke so it maybe a defective bulb. If this happened to anyone else please let me know!?! Thanks
I bought LEDs on CarID specifically the H7 Plazma Series

Last edited by Rtarson; 06-14-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C250
Put the drivers side bulb in the passenger side and test. That will tell you if one of the bulbs is defective.

LED bulbs are notorious for being crap and not lasting long or being defective out the box.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C300 2010 4Matic Sport AMG Package
Originally Posted by HBguy
Put the drivers side bulb in the passenger side and test. That will tell you if one of the bulbs is defective.

LED bulbs are notorious for being crap and not lasting long or being defective out the box.
I did switch them same issue. When first installed the bulb the one that is blinking, it never turned on right off the bat. So I put in the other bulb and it worked. So i put the one in the driver side (the one that is blinking also the one that didn't start off the bat) it worked but as soon as I turned on the engine the bulb blinked. But engine off and just feeding power to the bulb it doesn't blink.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 C250
Put the halogens back in and see how much current you're pulling with an ammeter. You could also use a voltmeter. With a voltmeter, put one end on each of the bulbs while it is on, and the difference in volts is how much the bulb is using. You should have the same voltage on both sides.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Sport
Did y’all figure it out

I bought these new aftermarket headlight (https://www.carid.com/2008-mercedes-...206214532.html)

the bulbs that they came with were basic so of course I wanted to upgrade for the look of these and get rid of the chrome but.... now the issue is the LED bulbs won’t work with this dumb car.... like when I turn it on the lights blink like a few times on and off and on and off and they don’t work I’ve had to be driving with hibeams for now thank goodness the same bulb works as a hibeam but not a low beam. Please help idk how many bulbs and LED’s I’ve tried already.