C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Aftermarket Stereo Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2016 | 04:40 PM

NA
Aftermarket Stereo Installation

Dear All,

I tried to search many places but still can't find any complete info about how to remove my current Harman Kardon System and install all my gears back to this W204 C-class vehicle.

Step 1 - 1 din deck
Axxess ASWC-1 for steering wheel control
Axxess BX-MB1 for harness kits and control
Antenna Adapter CARAV 13-007
1 din faceplate kit CARAV 11-182

If anyone use these items or any equivalent, please give me some advice of it. What are the pros and cons for different brand of kits and adapter?

Step 2 - Tweeter - Pain in the head!
I am not very good at fabrication. If you know any aftermarket Speaker Grill installation kit for W204, would you mind please let me know?

Step 3 - mid-Range - Front and Rear
Thanks! I found someone share these documents "Retrofit rear speakers part 1 & 2" to give me ideas how to take out the door panels.

By the way, is it really necessary to break the original speakers apart in order to install speakers in Mercedes? It is very crazy!

Step 4 - Back Seats Over the head speakers
I believe this is for the bass. Sorry, I really do not appreciate it. I do not hear anything under 80Hz! Can I take that out and use the hole for the Sub?

Step 5 - Trunk
Do you have any suggestions how I can reserve the spare tires but still install three amps there?

I watch You Tube video that someone do cabling from the front battery all the way to the trunk. It is helpful.

By the way, is the Harman Kardon Amp physically located on the left in the trunk?

I would greatly appreciate if you can share some pictures how your equipment look like that could give me some idea how to install the amps back.

Thank you so much!