Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Staggered to Square setup >

Staggered to Square setup

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Staggered to Square setup

 
Old 09-12-2016, 02:25 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
myn8m3is8ndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 286
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Staggered to Square setup

I'm currently running a staggered setup with 18x8 225/40/18 and 18x8.5 255/35/18 on stock 7 spoke rims. I found some rims that i reaaaaaaaally like, but unfortunately, the rim being mainly for jdm cars, is very limited to 1 size that would fit my rwd c350. They have a **** ton of combinations for all possible 5x114.3 fit... but only 1 available for a 5x112 fit.... The new setup will be square 18x8.5 245/35/18.

Can anymore tell me the pros and cons of changing from a staggered to a square?? my rear will still be the same width. Only thing really changing is my fronts will be a bit wider.
myn8m3is8ndy is offline  
Old 09-12-2016, 10:40 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Josh.A.Hussey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 669
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C350 4Matic
I can't see many cons to be honest except for maybe a SLIGHTLY stiffer steering feel although I don't think it would be noticeable. Plenty have done what you are looking to do, with no issues.

Please pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the OFFSETS.
Josh.A.Hussey is offline  
Old 09-13-2016, 12:02 AM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vancouver bc
Posts: 1,261
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'14 ML350 4matic,'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'07 B200 turbo,'07 Honda Odyssey, '07 Mini Cooper
I have that setup on my car and the steering became a little stiffer but that was a big plus to me. Make sure the rims does not have an offset more than 45 or you might rub in the front. I have 245s at front and 255s at the back on a square setup.
shotgun_banjo is offline  
Old 09-13-2016, 12:47 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
myn8m3is8ndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 286
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by Josh.A.Hussey View Post
I can't see many cons to be honest except for maybe a SLIGHTLY stiffer steering feel although I don't think it would be noticeable. Plenty have done what you are looking to do, with no issues.

Please pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the OFFSETS.
Are these big numbers??? according to willitfit.com,
For the front
"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 0.3mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 12.4mm more than before."

For the rear
"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 10mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 10mm more than before"
myn8m3is8ndy is offline  
Old 09-13-2016, 12:49 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
myn8m3is8ndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 286
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo View Post
I have that setup on my car and the steering became a little stiffer but that was a big plus to me. Make sure the rims does not have an offset more than 45 or you might rub in the front. I have 245s at front and 255s at the back on a square setup.
Oooooh, what rims do you have?? and are you also lowered? im currently lowered on h&r coils, almost max low.
myn8m3is8ndy is offline  
Old 09-16-2016, 12:38 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: vancouver bc
Posts: 1,261
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'14 ML350 4matic,'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'07 B200 turbo,'07 Honda Odyssey, '07 Mini Cooper
This is my wheels. They are replicas but are really nice. Not lowered as the car is already low (sport suspension). The sport suspension is low already and when the wheels you use have an offset of 45 it will be flush at front and tad tucked-in at the back which is a good thing if you want a wider tire as it will just look mean and perfect if you ask me.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 09-16-2016 at 12:59 AM.
shotgun_banjo is offline  
Old 09-17-2016, 09:29 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Josh.A.Hussey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 669
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
2010 C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by myn8m3is8ndy View Post
Are these big numbers??? according to willitfit.com,
For the front
"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 0.3mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 12.4mm more than before."

For the rear
"Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 10mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 10mm more than before"
Those numbers sound fine to me!

Check your current setup and see how far you are away from the fenders and RIM edge, you should be fine though.

Inwards you are fine.
Josh.A.Hussey is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Staggered to Square setup


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: