C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Ideas needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
Ideas needed

I recently just bought a 2011 C300 and I wanna make this car look more amazing. So I was wondering what type of modification have y'all done? It being performance or/and appearance. I definitively wanna change the taillights to LED ones but I'm not sure which one, I want a real bright one. And what does Facelift mean when referring to it?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2005 Porsche 911, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic
The W204 C300 Model started out in 08-14 for the sedans. In 12 they changed the headlights and front fascia as well as the mirrors and a couple of other things. That is what's referred to as the facelifted model. The Coupe version ran through 2015 but the sedan changed to the W205 body which in my opinion is not as good looking on the outside. I happen to have an 11 Sedan (wife's) a 15 C350 coupe(mine) and just today I got a 2016 C300 loaner from Benz due to a fault with my reverse light. I hate the 16. Outside of the interior door panels I dislike everything about the new versions (W205). Hate the stupid stalk to put the car in drive, I hate the self tightening seat belts, I hate the fact that I have to use a screen to change some temp and radio controls but most of all I loathe the way the screen sits. Like they forgot the F'ing radio and grabbed an Ipad and stuck it on there. The outside looks great up front but the rear is a disaster, the overhang (part after the rear wheel arch) is entirely too short for the car. Another 4 inches and the car would be great.

Anyway back to you styling and mod questions it really comes down to what do you want to do. The most visual change you can make to your car is different wheels followed by lowering the suspension a bit. After that a carbon fiber front splitter, a rear carbon fiber diffuser with quad tips will make significant visual impacts on your car. I would save the $ on taillights for later. From a sound perspective the first thing that most do is eliminate the stock resonator and replace it with a magnaflow X-pipe. There is an entire thread on exhaust for you to research. There is also another thread on suspension. Read that too. I have had my coupe for about 6 weeks. I can't drive a stock car so I started here

Day I bought it

Added 10MM up front and 12mm Spacers in the rears with longer bolts

Before 10mm spacers up front

This is after

The rears are similar

Then I added some carbon fiber stuff:

My C350 with front splitter vs wifes C300 stock fron end

Remmoved the OEM AMG Spoiler I had and replaced that with a CF unit. Comparison between hers (non AMG but stock on a C300) to mine

Carbon fiber diffuser with quad tips

Replaced the orange front side marker with a clear one then sprayed it with VHT nightshades. Also wrapped my chrome window trim with black wrap. I debadged the car and wrapped the little chrome bar under the trunk

Inside is a bit more subtle
I wrapped the dark wood with Stainless steel wrap, I have no pics as I just did it.
I also replaced the door pins with stainless ones

I added satin chrome covers to the little seat adjusters but I don't have pics of that either

Added these lights when I open my doors

Added these paddles to my existing little black buttons, didn't love them so I ordered a different set as these belong on a W205<br/>

This is under the center of your car, that is what the Magnaflow pipe looks like after the oe piece has been removed. My shop painted with high temp paint

Exhaust and difusser installed

Hope that gives you some ideas and welcome.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2005 Porsche 911, 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Oh and I have done everything myself besides the welding of the x Pipe and the welding of the exhaust tips. I need to learn how to weld
Old 09-15-2016, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
So, in conclusion you have facelift LEDs and facelift turn signals.

If you need grill, etc you need prefacelift.

Check out the picture thread for ideas, and look at our cars!
Old 09-16-2016, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300 Sport
Originally Posted by Atlas Grey
The W204 C300 Model started out in 08-14 for the sedans. In 12 they changed the headlights and front fascia as well as the mirrors and a couple of other things. That is what's referred to as the facelifted model. The Coupe version ran through 2015 but the sedan changed to the W205 body which in my opinion is not as good looking on the outside. I happen to have an 11 Sedan (wife's) a 15 C350 coupe(mine) and just today I got a 2016 C300 loaner from Benz due to a fault with my reverse light. I hate the 16. Outside of the interior door panels I dislike everything about the new versions (W205). Hate the stupid stalk to put the car in drive, I hate the self tightening seat belts, I hate the fact that I have to use a screen to change some temp and radio controls but most of all I loathe the way the screen sits. Like they forgot the F'ing radio and grabbed an Ipad and stuck it on there. The outside looks great up front but the rear is a disaster, the overhang (part after the rear wheel arch) is entirely too short for the car. Another 4 inches and the car would be great.

Anyway back to you styling and mod questions it really comes down to what do you want to do. The most visual change you can make to your car is different wheels followed by lowering the suspension a bit. After that a carbon fiber front splitter, a rear carbon fiber diffuser with quad tips will make significant visual impacts on your car. I would save the $ on taillights for later. From a sound perspective the first thing that most do is eliminate the stock resonator and replace it with a magnaflow X-pipe. There is an entire thread on exhaust for you to research. There is also another thread on suspension. Read that too. I have had my coupe for about 6 weeks. I can't drive a stock car so I started here

Hope that gives you some ideas and welcome.

Atlas, Very well done. Clean and tasteful. If I were to by another W204, I would not hesitate to consider yours.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
Originally Posted by stgry1
Atlas, Very well done. Clean and tasteful. If I were to by another W204, I would not hesitate to consider yours.
+1

OP if you need performance mod ideas, send me a PM! That's my department...