C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes c300 Aftermarket Headunit Review Dvdgpsnav Seicane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes c300 4matic 2009
Mercedes c300 Aftermarket Headunit Review Dvdgpsnav Seicane

http://www.seicane.com/8-inch-touch-...anbus-srd-8810

http://www.dvdgpsnav.com/mercedes-be...0-300-350.html

I bought this headunit off the dvdgpsnav site, i think its the same thing as the seicane one. Install was pretty straight forward and was looking great until i powered up the unit. The screen went black and the new UI was not working. After many attempts resetting the unit and checking all the cables the unit still wasnt working. Emailed dvdgpsnav and they gave me some steps to try troubleshooting the unit but after about a week and a half later nothing was working (keep in mind the car was sitting in the garage for that long). I even paid a professional installer to have a look at the unit and he came to no conclusion. Dvdgpsnav offered to fix the unit back only if i paid to ship it back to china, which costed me $60 USD. Agreed to pay the shipping and sent the unit back, around a month later the unit arrived at my house, excited i went ahead and installed it. Drilled a whole in the lower portion of the dash to run the ipod cables and one behind the parking sensor light to run the gps antenna. Turned on the car and the unit did the exact same thing it just went black. I was so mad, after many emails with the company we finally agreed to $200 partial refund and id get to keep the unit . It wasnt worth spending another $60 to ship the unit back and risk not getting refunded, and may i also add both times the unit came to my house i was charged a duty of $30. So i do not recommend this unit for many reason, one being the unit is very cheaply built, i mean for $500 i should at least expect it to work somewhat. For those of you still want to buy the product here's my review on the unit when it worked for a few minutes the very first time, it uses the old UI for radio and telephone so those screen looks very stretched and pixelated, the nav system is very cheap looking and doesn't seem very relaible, the ipod connection doesnt seem to support the new lighting cables, and the unit doesn't add bluetooth streaming. So all in all i would tell anyone who is looking into this unit to skip it and either get the OEM mercedes Nav system or use your phone on a phone mount and live with the crap audio 20 system.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pabla:
Hiloc (11-11-2016), wdthorpe (04-15-2017)