C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Front right end knocking noise..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C320 sport 2003, c300 4matic sport 2013, 2018 GLE63 AMG
Front right end knocking noise..

Hello,

Searched a lot through different mb forums couldnt find simillar issue,

I have few questions about knocking noise and about warranty.

1) when i drive there is knocking noise from front right end after i did my allignment. The noise is really hard when driving over little bumps. Also when im rolling at about 5mph without pressing gas and turning the steering wheel fast back and forth left to right i hear the little knocking noise not sure from front right or front left side..

2) my cv axle boot (outer, the one next to the wheel) has a whole so greace comes out but i heard i can drive for now and axle doesnot make that knucking noise.

3) i still have the warranty but im not sure if the dealership will cover my problem. And my car was in the accident btw, front right but i fixed everything and most of the parts are new. So my question is will dealer cover this expenses? (They dont know about an accident)

2013 c300 4matic sport
Old 11-07-2016, 06:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
C300 Sport
Knocking is likely lower control arm bushing.

Leaking CV boot need to be replaced ASAP.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
If your car was in an accident I would have to guess that they would be able to tell once they look at the car. Whether or not they cover it would depend what is causing it. Just guessing here, but if there is any way they could tie the noise to the accident they won't cover it. On the other hand, if you have a good relationship with the dealer they might push to have it covered by warranty. Impossible to say without knowing what the cause is.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C320 sport 2003, c300 4matic sport 2013, 2018 GLE63 AMG
Originally Posted by Alfadude
If your car was in an accident I would have to guess that they would be able to tell once they look at the car. Whether or not they cover it would depend what is causing it. Just guessing here, but if there is any way they could tie the noise to the accident they won't cover it. On the other hand, if you have a good relationship with the dealer they might push to have it covered by warranty. Impossible to say without knowing what the cause is.
Thanks for the fast reply.. i have question, does dealership check carfax? On mine i believe it says collision or something there.. Anyways, all of the parts are original except for the "sway bar link" and rubber parts of ball joints on tie rod and control arm.. other then that everything is oem. So idk if they will find out or not.. Let me know. And for the relationship with the dealership, i had w203 c320 and i have bought a lot of parts from that dealership so idk if they will concider that to help me out. (Love working on mycars myself)

Another question, is diagnostic free at the dealership? If they do find out about an accident at least they can tell me what is causing the sound so i can fix it myself.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:20 AM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
I doubt that they would typically check the carfax on a car that comes in for routine service. However, if they look at it and feel it was in an accident I would think there is a very good chance they would. Or, if they see evidence from the accident is where your current issue is they could just deny it out of hand. Without knowing the specifics of your accident no one can say.

I would guess they would charge to do a diagnosis on your car. Why wouldn't they? Sometimes things like that can take an hour or more and dealerships aren't in the business of giving away labor, especially if they know you will not have the work done by them. Again, that would depend on your relationship with them.
The following users liked this post:
arkim989 (11-14-2016)