C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2010 C250 CDI - Power Loss - Possible DPF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 W204 Diesel
2010 C250 CDI - Power Loss - Possible DPF?

Hi Guys,

I'm having some real issues with my car at the moment I'll try and summarize it as quickly as I can below.

2010 Mercedes C250
85k FSH
Remap: Angel Tuning
Otherwise standard.

When I was driving today the check engine light came on so I scanned it with my OBD reader and got this error "P0546 - Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit high bank 1 sensor 1".
Me being the optimist I assumed it was just the sensor that needed replacing so I went to Mercedes this evening and picked up a new one, fitted it this evening but the fault code is still there.
Looking at the live data it's showing the upstream temp of something like 860c which is way out of parameters.

A bit of background, I have had DPF issues in the past and had to have a cleaning agent in it (3 or so month ago) to unblock it.
Since I have had it remapped I see a light misting of black smoke under acceleration.
Sometimes under heavy acceleration at high speed there was slight blips of hesitation.

Now the power loss I am experiencing now isn't the classic limp mode as I've had had that before my car can still rev past 3k at the moment I can take it right to the red line but it feels so sluggish almost like the turbo isn't boosting.

No other error codes have come up I am at a loss as to what it could be. My mechanic says it could be remap related as when he revs the car in situ the fuel rail pressure goes out of parameters now and then too almost like it's asking for too much fuel.

So to summarize the car drives fine, smooth with no hesitation at all only it feels like it's running about 150bhp no other fault codes other than the P0546 which we cannot clear.

Any ideas guys?
Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
What is involved with returning the engine settings to normal for testing purposes ?

I would have thought that if the DPF was blocked you would have differential pressure alarms .

However ,I understand that the engine fuel settings flows are increased to do a DPF regen which increases the exhaust gas temperature to burn off the collected carbon. Maybe the regen phase is playing up.

Are you doing short trips? . Maybe a long hard burn off on the highway may do a DPF regen & reset the problems.

I am not an expert so all of the above could be absolute rubbish.

I suggest posting in the diesel section of this site for a better response.