C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Diagnostic Code Format

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C-230
Question Diagnostic Code Format

Hello!

This is my first post. After searching for answers to my question, I couldn't find the information I was looking for. Sorry if this easily searched; I couldn't find anything.

Question: Is there any information returned from a diagnostic readout that attributes a code to the date it was first registered in the on-board computer?

Vehicle:
2006 Mercedes C-230
Old 03-20-2017, 05:41 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Try searching on the meaning of the code itself. It would be something like PXXXX or CXXXX. If you mean something else I am not very clear on what you are asking with the limited information you provided.

Plus, if your car is a 2006 model, then it is a W203. This is the W204 section. You might want to post in there to get the best responses to best help you.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:13 AM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by iamoenaj
Question: Is there any information returned from a diagnostic readout that attributes a code to the date it was first registered in the on-board computer?
My understanding is that yes, the date an OBD-II fault code was triggered is registered by ECU. It is also my understanding that the Mercedes Benz STAR Diagnostics system can retrieve such information. From experience, I can tell you that your average run of the mill code reader would not retrieve this information.

Some ECUs can store historical DTCs so when you take your car to the dealer (as an example), they can really tell how many times a particular code has been triggered, how many times it was cleared... etc..
Old 03-21-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C-230
Originally Posted by IGB
My understanding is that yes, the date an OBD-II fault code was triggered is registered by ECU. It is also my understanding that the Mercedes Benz STAR Diagnostics system can retrieve such information. From experience, I can tell you that your average run of the mill code reader would not retrieve this information.

Some ECUs can store historical DTCs so when you take your car to the dealer (as an example), they can really tell how many times a particular code has been triggered, how many times it was cleared... etc..

Awesome, thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by Alfadude
Plus, if your car is a 2006 model, then it is a W203. This is the W204 section. You might want to post in there to get the best responses to best help you.
My mistake. I saw the "c230" in the description, but not the year range. Thank you for your response