C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes C250 2013 Sedan Limp Mode!

Old 04-30-2017, 02:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes C250 Sedan 2013
Mercedes C250 2013 Sedan Limp Mode!

Hello there,

I am really looking out for help on this forum and I hope that I get some help.

I'm driving a Mercedes C250 2013 Sedan and at this moment my car is at limp mode (doesnt drive more than 50kms) and the engine check light is on!

The problem -

When I shift my car from P to R there is a hard jolt and then from R to D again a big jolt! Dont know whats the problem with it and I am not accessible to any MB dealer here.

When reading the forums, I came to know that it could be battery, low transmission fluid or worse case is the valve body conductor.

Any help from anyone would be great! Thank you so much!
Old 05-04-2017, 01:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes C250 Sedan 2013
Okay, so basically everyone who keeps on speaking about things but guess no one is here to help and I think everyone here is a bunch of show offs who just keep speaking and dont actually help.

So here, to the future owner of a C250, C300 or any C class, this is what you can do to fix your car.

Step 1 - Run a OBD check on your car, OBDs are really cheap, they can come for as low as $5-10 and you can then install the OBD app on your phone to connect it via bluetooth and run a error code search.

My error code is P2767 (Speed sensor)

Step 2 - Since this is a speed sensor issue it could be that you might be having different problems which is creating this speed sensor to malfunction or not respond, so first thought would be your power. Batteries! Check your battery, sometimes due to low battery the sensors throw in an error.

I changed my battery and checked, still on limp mode

**Additionally check your spark plugs**

Step 3 - This is a transmission issue, so obviously your next thing on your to do list is to change your transmission oil and filter, this is how much you need and price -

Fluid required - 7 Litres (USD 13 per litre)
Filter MB - 1 (USD 40)

THERE IS NOTHING CALLED OR KNOWN AS FLUID SEALED FOR LIFE! THE FLUID DOES BECOME BLACK AND THE FILTER WILL BLOCKED! HUMAN BLOOD IS NOT SEALED FOR LIFE, WATER FROM MOUNTAINS IS NOT SEALED FOR LIFE!

Okay, so you're still having an issue? Step 3

Step 3 - Change your 13pin connecter adaptor plug O-ring
This is a very small thing easy -

Cost - USD 13

After changing this you would need to try your car again if there is an error then the Step 4

Step 4 (Grand Finale) - After you've done everything to it, now what you need to do is to change the speed sensor itself, the speed sensor doesnt come as an individual until or a plugn play device, this is based under the transmission at the conductor plate / valve body which will cost you about USD 1,000-1,500.

After changing this, there should be no issues left on your car.

Have a nice day people and please try and help each other by sharing tips and ideas and solutions. Take care!
The following users liked this post:
Carsy (05-04-2017)