C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2013 C250 Mercedes Command no Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes C250 Sedan 2013
2013 C250 Mercedes Command no Power

Hello guys,

I need some help with my command system, basically the damn thing doesnt turn on at all, like its just blank and nothing, like there is no power at all.

I've located the fuse 26 (supposedly for COMMAND) and pulled it out and then put it back on but no response. There is no power.

Do you guys have any other suggestions that I could try? Please help.

Thank you.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:12 PM

Mercedes C250 Sedan 2013
Alright, so i figured it all out and im writing it down for the future W204 / C250 / C300 or C class owners.

Whenever you have a problem with you command "no power" and on the HUD / Dash it would show as "----". This means that the system is not able to communicate with your command unit.

Your first checks should be the following -

Step 1 - Check your fuse, the fuse box for C250 2013 is location under the hood in the engine compartment, at the left side or the right side.

Step 2 - After locating the engine compartment, you would need to check fuse number 26 and fuse number 11 (the numbers are written inside, its not printed in color so you would need to look close).

Step 3 - Once you take out the fuse (with hand or a fuse puller) you should be able to see a "S", if the "S" is broken then that means the fuse is bad, if it is not then proceed with step 4.

Step 4 - Checked fuse 26 and fuse 11? They are ok? Alright now check fuse 84 which should be at the fuse box located at the trunk, if thats all ok then proceed with step 5.

Step 5 - After checking all your fuses, your next guess should be on the power supply, at time the low battery causes the system to crash and not work, a good way to check this would be disconnecting the negative side of the battery and then connecting it again or simply changing it with an another battery temporarily to see if the system works (If the battery is not an issue then proceed to step 6)

Step 6 - Final step, you checked your fuses and checked your battery, its all ok. Then the main culprit is your fuse which comes behind the unit. I call it the Audio20 fuse. You would need to remove your system and pull it out (not the screen, but the system) and behind there you will find a fuse, replace that fuse and everything should be ok then.

Fuse cost is from USD1 - USD5.

The command system is a strong system and doesnt breakdown, if someone is asking you to change the system then most probably that person doesnt know the command system or is just trying to sell. I've my mechanic telling me that the command has a problem and it will cost me USD500 for a brand new system.

I pulled out the system and changed the fuse for USD2 and it is all ok now.

So yes, here is to help the people in future who might have an issue.

How does this occur or occurred to me?
I jump started my car / connected wrong polarity "-" and "+" and hence the fuse was blown.

All the best!
Old 05-21-2017, 04:36 AM

Mercedes C250 Sedan 2013

Audio20 fuse

At the back of the command system

The broken or disconnected fuse

The location of the fuse

Easy to get it out
The following users liked this post:
B737 (05-21-2017)
Old 07-07-2019, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz C200 Kompressor 2008 model
Hi,

I have checked all the steps and everything is fine. Am trying to check step 6, however am unable to open the lid hence cannot remove the command unit. Please see below and advise

See the red arrow. The lid wont open