C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

faulty rear sam after CAN blocks replaced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 4MATIC
faulty rear sam after CAN blocks replaced

hello,

A couple of weeks ago I had my CAN blocks replaced due to corrosion from water entering the car (clogged sunroof drains). The problems I had the day I brought it to be diagnosed were the following: upon starting the car that morning I had auto lamp function inoperative error msg, it was raining and wipers didn't work nor did either turn signal. When I got to work and turned the car off my tail lights stayed on. A few hours later my battery was dead and I needed a jump to get to the repair shop.

Yesterday, only 6 days after having the car repaired and about 12 hours of heavy rain the EXACT issues as stated above happened except my new battery didn't die. I brought it back to the shop and they told me today that my rear SAM needs to be replaced. He said it was working fine when the car left there last week. He also said the rear SAM is located in the trunk and has nothing to do with the issue or work done last week.

Has anyone heard of this happening? And or does this makes sense? I sincerely appreciate your time in reading this and any response you may share.

Thanks so much!
2008 C300 4matic