C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just installed JB+ and now CEL and no boost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2017 | 10:08 PM

2018 E300 2018 Atlas 2020 911 C2S
Just installed JB+ and now CEL and no boost

I know there are multiple threads on this issue but I could not find a definitive answer on how to get the boost back.

So I installed JB+ and the first 5min of driving out of my lot, I had boost (meaning, I could feel the turbo kick in and also hear the turbo blow off valve noise).

I turned off the car to run back to the house to get something and when I came back to the car and restarted the engine, CEL was on and when I drove it, the boost was gone.

Everything else other than turbo seemed fine, the car shifted normally, downshifted normally, has all the power it normally has, BUT without the turbo kick power.

I left the car turned off for about an hour and CEL was still on and still no turbo. I opened the JB+ unit and turned the dial all the way down and started the car again to find CEL still on and still no turbo.

I removed the negative terminal on the battery and waited 10min. CEL was still on and still no turbo.

What should I do now? I don't have a code reader, but I'm pretty sure this is an overboost. Do I need to wait for my code reader to come in and erase the code? Once, the code is erased, does the turbo boost return?

Last edited by Tanqueray; 05-27-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2017 | 01:22 AM

JB+ is off the car now...

Still CEL and no turbo boost. I'm going to wait for my code reader to come in and check what codes are thrown. So far, not very happy with the purchase. Even if I get everything sorted out with the code reader and a visit to the dealership to fix whatever it may have cause to malfunction, I don't think I will be putting JB+ back on the car...
Old 05-29-2017 | 08:37 PM

I love Amazon, My icarsoft i980 came in this morning. So I ran the code reader and I got P023800 - "The boost pressure sensor has a short circuit to positive".

Should I clear this code? Will it return the boost if I clear the code? Or should I take it to the dealers? If I clear this code, will the dealers know what the problem was if boost doesn't return?
Old 05-29-2017 | 10:27 PM

2011 C300 Sport 3.0L V6
Originally Posted by Tanqueray
I love Amazon, My icarsoft i980 came in this morning. So I ran the code reader and I got P023800 - "The boost pressure sensor has a short circuit to positive".

Should I clear this code? Will it return the boost if I clear the code? Or should I take it to the dealers? If I clear this code, will the dealers know what the problem was if boost doesn't return?
Two scenarios.

1. If the JB+ is removable and there is no indication that it was on the car, I don't see how the dealer would be able to tell how the problem arose

2. If the JB+ is not removable and there is even the slightest sign that there was any aftermarket parts in congruence with the turbo, I bet the dealer will void the warranty (if you have one) of that part and will be able to tell how the problem arose.

I would personally clear it after I had written the code down so if Boost doesn't return I could still give them the code that was received that way they aren't going in looking blindly wasting time/money. You might get lucky and Boost may return. You could also try an ecu reset which could resolve the problem too.
Old 05-29-2017 | 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mgloznao
Two scenarios.

1. If the JB+ is removable and there is no indication that it was on the car, I don't see how the dealer would be able to tell how the problem arose

2. If the JB+ is not removable and there is even the slightest sign that there was any aftermarket parts in congruence with the turbo, I bet the dealer will void the warranty (if you have one) of that part and will be able to tell how the problem arose.

I would personally clear it after I had written the code down so if Boost doesn't return I could still give them the code that was received that way they aren't going in looking blindly wasting time/money. You might get lucky and Boost may return. You could also try an ecu reset which could resolve the problem too.
I'm out of warranty period so, although I could have just left JB+ on, I took it off.

Interestingly, when I went to clear the codes, after reading your post, the CEL was gone... maybe me just checking the codes with the code reader cleared the CEL... anyway, I had written down the codes.

I reset my ECU and transmission by doing the key to ON position and depressing the accelerator for 5 seconds etc etc.

The car seem to have gained the boost back!

However, when I checked with the code reader again, just to check if the code was gone since the CEL is gone, the boost pressure code was still there and the code reader is saying that trying to clear to code is unsuccessful.

So, I'm going to make a trip to the dealership just figure things out.