C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Audio 20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2017 | 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by MB Marko
Jeff,

This kid will not let this go but thanks for agreeing I though I was losing my marbles.

Listen looks wise I don't think any car in the price range beats the W204 c class for our model years. BUT you need to realize you have a base model C250 nothing wrong with that but every car has its flaws .... If MB just used better speakers wtf else would be wrong with the car? It would probably be hard to find 5 things.

The problem with the W204 now is it's so affordable every kid has one now and thinks they have a unicorn.... when they have a base model car.

Yes I have a base model C300 I've upgraded a lot of things for the love of the car. I'm sorry you are also blind and can't admit it looks better with 4 exhaust tips instead of OH YA you have one on your C250 which is a sports car like my Volvo.

Go sit in an Audi, BMW, God pick any luxury car brand and you'll hear the difference. Wait maybe you won't but bring a friend who can help.
Hey Marko, maybe I am misreading your comments. I never criticized you for modifying your car on this thread. I just chimed in on your critique of the audio 20 and I agreed with you. I know I drive a c250. I did not buy it for a sports car. In fact I wish I had gotten a luxury edition. I have no issues with what you have done to your car. I think it is great and I am glad you are happy with it.

Last edited by dieseldoc; 06-09-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2017 | 01:46 PM

C-250 Sport
This is odd. I know the base Audio 20 is NOT crap. I wonder if MB changed speaker suppliers after 2012.
I read a post where an individual ordered the center dash HK speaker, but received the base speaker (identified by part number) He said they looked identical and wondered what the difference was? He concluded it must be the allowable amps.

Also, I've listened to the current upgraded systems in the 2017 C300 (when I receive a loaner) and not impressed.
I know sound system preference is ultimately subjective, however, there is no way the Audio 20 speakers in my 2012 are crap. I've just lived long enough, and care about music quality enough, to pay for the better systems when I buy new or at home. And that is the point. The base speakers are not bad. They are adequate. I may switch them out in the future if I decide to upgrade the entire system, but not because they suck.

Last edited by Polestar; 06-12-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2017 | 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Polestar
This is odd. I know the base Audio 20 is NOT crap. I wonder if MB changed speaker suppliers after 2012.
I read a post where an individual ordered the center dash HK speaker, but received the base speaker (identified by part number) He said they looked identical and wondered what the difference was? He concluded it must be the allowable amps.

Also, I've listened to the current upgraded systems in the 2017 C300 (when I receive a loaner) and not impressed.
I know sound system preference is ultimately subjective, however, there is no way the Audio 20 speakers in my 2012 are crap. I've just lived long enough, and care about music quality enough, to pay for the better systems when I buy new or at home. And that is the point. The base speakers are not bad. They are adequate. I may switch them out in the future if I decide to upgrade the entire system, but not because they suck.
Let it go. If you like the way your stereo sounds enjoy!
Old 06-12-2017 | 05:50 PM

C-250 Sport
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
Let it go. If you like the way your stereo sounds enjoy!
I understand. But, I'm just so nonplussed. I started wanting to know who makes the OEM speakers for MB, not because I think they are actually the best speakers, but are probably fairly low cost, and I do like their sound. I simply wanted to complete the speak set with one in the front dash and a sub-in the rear. Not really looking to have a kick-*** system. But, unbelievable to me anyone thinks they are trash. Had enough rental and entry level cars to know what trash sounds like.
Done...........maybe
Old 06-14-2017 | 11:53 AM

C204
Originally Posted by Polestar

I couldn't agree more!