C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Please Help!! Dealership trouble!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2017 | 02:34 PM

C200 w204
Exclamation Please Help!! Dealership trouble!

First off I would like to thank everybody who participates on this forum with such encyclopedic knowledge, and hopefully somebody can shed some light on what a dealership could have done to a friend's C200. Btw this happened in another country and although we never got any 4 cylinder w204's I dont think that can be relevant in this case.

So the car has never presented any issue in 40k miles and it was dropped off for maintenance A5 a few days ago at a MB dealership. The owner was later called and asked if he could bring in the spare key, trouble was expected off course.

Long story short the dealer claims the car never turned on after it was dropped off, supposedly they tested the battery and not only it needs to be replaced but now the car wont start with any other battery and the ECU doesn't throw any error codes. That is the story that was presented to him.

When the key is turned to the ON position nothing happens, the ECU is not authorizing the start and yes they say no error codes come up. To make things worse the battery is only two years old and the results were 11.85v and 13CCA. The battery was in perfect shape and the car never hesitated on start up, I have no idea how did they come up with 13CCA.

Can anybody help me with an opinion on what could've happened to the car? I find all this hard to believe.

Thank you.
Old 06-14-2017 | 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
A recent post here spoke about the damage which could be done to the electrical system by not jump starting the car correctly after the battery went flat.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...o-mbworld.html

Last edited by Carsy; 06-14-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2017 | 08:15 AM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by jf_so
To make things worse the battery is only two years old and the results were 11.85v and 13CCA. The battery was in perfect shape and the car never hesitated on start up...
A battery that is only measuring 11.85 Volts and 13 CCAs is not even close to being in "perfect" shape. Whether it can hold a charge if charged back up to the required voltage of somewhere above 12.2 Volts or whether it can push through enough amps to satisfy the starter is another story.
Old 06-15-2017 | 12:22 PM

C200 w204
Originally Posted by IGB
A battery that is only measuring 11.85 Volts and 13 CCAs is not even close to being in "perfect" shape. Whether it can hold a charge if charged back up to the required voltage of somewhere above 12.2 Volts or whether it can push through enough amps to satisfy the starter is another story.
Yes sir the battery is certainly gone according to the test, but they might have tested it while discharged as it never gave any signals for it needing to be replaced and now suddenly its on an abysmal shape and there is an electrical issue with the car.