C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300 Sport Moulding Wheel Well

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MB C300
C300 Sport Moulding Wheel Well

I've searched the forums with no luck- we recently purchased a 2015 Sport package C300 with the sport bumper and chrome on the bottom fascia. I noticed the front passenger side pieces looked a little out of kilter so while changing the oil I dug around behind the wheel well to see what was going on and noticed it was a little loose- like maybe something wasn't bolted through or attached correctly.

It looks like the prior owner scraped the front of the bumper fascia on a curb (or fourteen) and there is a part that is missing that fits just under the corner of the bumper. Part of the wheel well would normally attach to it but that part is missing.

I'm looking to see if anyone knows how to find the part number for that assembly. I've attached photos- the part I'm missing would attach behind the bolt hole that is just behind the "P" on the tire. It's not quite moulding but the plastic bits that attach the moulding/bumper to the car at the wheel well. Keywords for that part elude me. There is currently nothing for that plastic pop-in bolt to attach to. I think it would also attach to the backside of the bottom corner of the bumper. There are some tabs that don't have anything to attach to either.

Hoping to just get the part replaced but may need to purchase an assembly. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails C300 Sport Moulding Wheel Well-img_20170716_112743.jpg   C300 Sport Moulding Wheel Well-img_20170716_112738.jpg  
Old 07-16-2017, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
That is very common damage on most non SUV Mercedes since they ride so low. It's rare to see one without some front bumper damage.

Mine had some plastic snap on clips that were added back on to help get that piece back on. I had the selling dealer do some work to also tighten up the front bumper to the front quarter panel. Although yours looks a bit more chewed up from what I can see on my phone.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 MB C300
Originally Posted by michail71
That is very common damage on most non SUV Mercedes since they ride so low. It's rare to see one without some front bumper damage.

Mine had some plastic snap on clips that were added back on to help get that piece back on. I had the selling dealer do some work to also tighten up the front bumper to the front quarter panel. Although yours looks a bit more chewed up from what I can see on my phone.

Thanks- it's a photo of nothing really since the part is missing. The other side has a black solid plastic triangle looking piece that the bumper clips into with plastic tabs and then a plastic bolt pops in to it through the wheel well. That's the part that I think would help stabilize things back there. I didn't notice the damage of course until after buying it and getting it up on jacks. Bright side is you don't notice it from the front. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Looks like that side got caught on a curb or something and pulled the bumper out.
I popped most of it back together but that missing piece would help keeps things stable.