C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Eliminate eyelid message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C300
Eliminate eyelid message

The eyelid bulb sockets on my 2010 W204 have melted, and the tubes that hold the bulb assemblies have broken away from the headlight assembly. I assume the failure was due to heat, and poor material choice.

I want to eliminate these lights and do without them. How can I prevent the message coming up that says the parking light bulb is out? Is there a way to trick the circuit so it thinks the bulbs are in and working?

Thanks everyone for their help with this.

I really like my car, but this is another example of the type of failure that should not occur.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:46 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by Uncle
The eyelid bulb sockets on my 2010 W204 have melted, and the tubes that hold the bulb assemblies have broken away from the headlight assembly. I assume the failure was due to heat, and poor material choice.

I want to eliminate these lights and do without them. How can I prevent the message coming up that says the parking light bulb is out? Is there a way to trick the circuit so it thinks the bulbs are in and working?

Thanks everyone for their help with this.

I really like my car, but this is another example of the type of failure that should not occur.
You would need to install resistors to mimic power draw. I am not sure of how many ohms of resistance would be required. If you do some research, and are electrically inclined, you could do it yourself.