C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

purchased DVD in Motion - supplied VIN - got a PIN license key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 CLA 250 Sport
purchased DVD in Motion - supplied VIN - got a PIN license key

purchased the DVD In Motion unlock for my 2012 c250 with a command ntg 4.5. Supplied them my VIN, and I received an ISO image to place on a USB drive or CD. Was also provided when installing, to supply a SIX DIGIT set of letters as the license key when prompted. After reviewing the files on the disc, I see my WIN and this "license key" makes my DVD In Motion unique to my car. Works very well.

So my question....

Is this company using my VIN to generate the PIN (license key) using a vedoc system that the dealer uses to generate the PIN license key needed to update the navigation maps?

Therefore, my theory is buying this product has possibly provided me the PIN my car will need for map updates, too - but I cannot test this theory without a map update. Anyone know where these map updates can be purchased? there must be online sources you can download, but must take to the dealer to get the PIN. Since the PIN is generated from the VIN - maybe this PIN I received from DVD In Motion would work for Map Updates or anything my COMAND unit asks for a PIN License key.

Let me know your thoughts...I'd like to test this.

steve
Old 08-05-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C350 Sport
You are probably correct.. They probably used your VIN to generate a pin/license code to install it. As you have already purchased it, nothing to lose in trying it.
Old 03-09-2022, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C250 2013 coupe
License key

Originally Posted by millertek
purchased the DVD In Motion unlock for my 2012 c250 with a command ntg 4.5. Supplied them my VIN, and I received an ISO image to place on a USB drive or CD. Was also provided when installing, to supply a SIX DIGIT set of letters as the license key when prompted. After reviewing the files on the disc, I see my WIN and this "license key" makes my DVD In Motion unique to my car. Works very well.

So my question....

Is this company using my VIN to generate the PIN (license key) using a vedoc system that the dealer uses to generate the PIN license key needed to update the navigation maps?

Therefore, my theory is buying this product has possibly provided me the PIN my car will need for map updates, too - but I cannot test this theory without a map update. Anyone know where these map updates can be purchased? there must be online sources you can download, but must take to the dealer to get the PIN. Since the PIN is generated from the VIN - maybe this PIN I received from DVD In Motion would work for Map Updates or anything my COMAND unit asks for a PIN License key.

Let me know your thoughts...I'd like to test this.

steve
can you tell me where i can buy this license key from