C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

overtyping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220
overtyping

Hello, I gave a problem with my Becker Map pilot which I hope you can help me with.

When i enter an address , it overtypes. IE if i was entering the town LEWES. I enter L , then E but the L is replaced by the E and so on. It just keeps replacing the first letter entered with the next one entered so i am unable to enter the whole town name. Any ideas please as to how i can rectiify this Many thanks Karen Viney
Old 08-24-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W 205 c220d 2018
Originally Posted by karenviney
Hello, I gave a problem with my Becker Map pilot which I hope you can help me with.

When i enter an address , it overtypes. IE if i was entering the town LEWES. I enter L , then E but the L is replaced by the E and so on. It just keeps replacing the first letter entered with the next one entered so i am unable to enter the whole town name. Any ideas please as to how i can rectiify this Many thanks Karen Viney
Sounds like a basic programming problem, which I doubt you will be able to do anything with yourself. It may have to go back to the manufacturer. It might be worth contacting them, though, and even having a look on their forums to see if this has come up before.

Ernie