C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My thoughts on BMS products for our MBs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 04:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 E300 2018 Atlas 2020 911 C2S
My thoughts on BMS products for our MBs

So I'm thoroughly disappointed with BMS products for W204 C250s...

First, it was with JB+ chip. It constantly threw my car into overboost and into limp mode, even with the dial set at the lowest setting. I don't know much about chip tuning but I got a speedbuster chip from Germany directly and this is a four channel chip compared to two channel like JB+. I had this for over a month and not a single overboost or CEL, and I do notice a good gain in power.

Then, it was with "their" intake. I don't know how they brand it as BMS intake system because it's basically a K&N cone filter (which was changed from a cylinder type to a smaller cone type, because drivers found a rubbing problem...lol) with a pipe adapter. The stock airbox lid is removed and the cone filter is put in the location where the air blows into the engine bay through the front vent.

Just by looking at the design, I bet a high school student with some mechanic class could have come up with this and called it an intake system...

I still gave it a shot though. I drove around with this for about 2 months. Result? Heat soaked engine only after about 20min of driving, in temperatures ranging between 82-98F. It doesn't matter if it's a cool morning or a hot steamy afternoon, the engine just gets heat soaked after 20min of normal driving. There's a huge performance loss due to heat soak.

It gave me a "WHOOOSH" turbo noise, but I haven't thought this was cool since I lost my virginity 18 years ago...

So, maybe BMS has some reputation in BMW products but I have lost all my confidence in their products for MBs. I bought two products from them and both of them let me down big.

BTW, BMS "intake" system for W204 C250 is yours if you want. Pay for shipping and you can have it, PM me.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Yea, pretty much the overall consensus here. I think they just rushed to get in the market and didn't do proper research or didn't care to. My friend is a huge BMS fanboy cuz he used to have a 335i and now drives a cls, has a BMS installed on the CLA which I just facepalm every time I see him.

Our platform is very much unloved.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
I don't see how any aftermarket air intake on this setup would be worthwhile. They all pull air from the middle/back of the compartment.