C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Retrofit from 5" screen to the 7".

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300 w204 2009
Retrofit from 5" screen to the 7".

Hey guys for a few months I have been trying to change my 2009 w204 5" screen with the 6 cd changer, to the 7" screen.

I found a 2010 w204 with the larger screen and removed the screen and cd unit that goes with it.

I have spent hours trying to figure out the misleading wireing diagrams located in the one form on this topic. And I really need help.

How do I use my original harness wires to the 5" screen and 6 cd unit to work on the 7" screen with the cd unit that came with it?

If it's not possible at all and I must use a new wiring harness where can I find this part. (Have only found them online from Russia)

Please help me with this wiring, it's super ugly not to have the screen working. I'm beyond lost and even willing to e transfer some cash to whom ever can help me!

Thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 10:44 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
If I were you, and before even obtaining the replacement unit, I would have invested in a Mercedes WIS ASRA & EPC EWA 2017 OEM Service Shop Repair Manual Set Combo Pack DVD set... This will give you the wiring diagrams for both models...

As for a wirigng harness, and because this might not be as popular an upgrade, I highly doubt there is such a thing as a wiring harness that you can find locally, certainly not at the dealer.

Asuming such an upgrade is possible, (i.e. the newer system can connect and work for an older model) I woud forgo a "harness" and simply solder all connections. It might look ugly but no one will see it when all is said and done.

Hope this helps...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Of course, if you've got money to burn, you might give the Russians some of it to see if they ever deliver anything.

Disclaimer: I have some very good friends who are Russians, by the way....
Old 10-04-2017, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300 w204 2009
Originally Posted by IGB
If I were you, and before even obtaining the replacement unit, I would have invested in a Mercedes WIS ASRA & EPC EWA 2017 OEM Service Shop Repair Manual Set Combo Pack DVD set... This will give you the wiring diagrams for both models...

As for a wirigng harness, and because this might not be as popular an upgrade, I highly doubt there is such a thing as a wiring harness that you can find locally, certainly not at the dealer.

Asuming such an upgrade is possible, (i.e. the newer system can connect and work for an older model) I woud forgo a "harness" and simply solder all connections. It might look ugly but no one will see it when all is said and done.

Hope this helps...
Thank you for the link. I think it's about time I invest in something like this. Take care