C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

'08 C300 (JAP IMPORT) Navigation Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 / 2000 ML320 / 2002 C200K
'08 C300 (JAP IMPORT) Navigation Problems

Hi there, not new to this forum but new to the threads; A little background story...

In New Zealand, the majority of cars are imported from Japan. Mercedes-Benz comes off the boat quite frequently. We bought a '08 C300, with the standard features of a Jap Import like this: (https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...cb33e450832850)
The main problems being (an import) is that they come with free Japanese Maps, the requirement of needing a band expander, and no history what-so-ever of its previous life. The biggest problem is the maps. The great inclusion of having funny city names and 'light curves ahead'. This is an issue, whenever we travel up the South Island. While we can live with it, it would be nice if we could politely SHUT IT UP.
And unfortunately, there is no setting to disable the voice or the navigation as it is. If any information is avail, it would be greatly appreciated.

In NZ, we have services that convert the Japanese Infotainment to the 'International' standard, with proper FM and NZ maps. While this sounds nice, a word's out that there's the likelihood of having it reverted to the original Jap conversion after a Service/Maintenance. If anyone could provide any information on that; that would be great.

That's enough of that.

P.S: Does anyone know how to fix a stuttering on closing Sunroof?

Roidan Marc
Old 12-29-2017, 01:53 AM

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
W204 C200, BMW E30 M3, 1980Gt Mini, Toyota Corona, KTM 200 EXC.
Hi
My 2008 C200 Jap import had the same issues, I installed a band expander and you can go in to the navigation screen and turn off the voice, just cannot recall which prompt it is but do recall the screen has to display the map then select one of the drop boxes with the console command knob to select off. Good luck.

Yes stuttering been there done that, First thing is replace the car battery this shows up when the battery is nackered of a few months from being knackered, the sunroof module looses it memory of where the stop points are due low battery voltage when cranking so will not shut in one fluid motion to be reset is Dealer only reset. I cannot be reset any other way I have tried the two times it happened to me and yes battery replaced after the second time.

Dont worry about the maps the ones on your phone are free.

Just north of CHC.
Regards
Dave.
The following users liked this post:
Roidan Marc (01-03-2018)