C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Climate Control not working and Fan turns ON as soon as I start the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 05:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w204 2013 c250
Originally Posted by Chillinlv24
Hi! I am having the same problem on mine..what does HW and SW mean? I have looked at used panels but I'm scared they might not work with my car even tho they appear to be the same. And did you have to have it programmed?

ALRIGHT GUYS I FIXED IT!

I replaced the climate control panel with a used part off eBay.
That was it. It cost me 50 bucks plus shipping. I took care to order one that matched the HW and SW versions on he back sticker on my original unit.

To clarify, my AC was unresponsive and engine fan on high after a jump start. All fuses were fine and no other symptoms.

This DIY covers the whole process:
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm
[/QUOTE]
What is the SW hw thing u guys are talking about. I am having the same problem right now.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Received 79 Likes on 78 Posts
W204 C220CDI 2011
Hardware and Software
Old 08-08-2020, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 250
I had the same problems on GLC 250 - 2016

I have changed the battery 2 months ago and last friday the a/c stopped working and the cooling fan where running at full speed.

I have been to a workshop for a diagnosis and they have told me there were an error with a high electricity jump, maybe from the time I have changed the battery, even if I have used another electricity connection but the plus should be disconnected last from old battery and connected first to the new one.
So, he deleted the error, reconfigured the software and the car works as it should be without replacing anything.

Replacing with a used part does not seems to be a good solution because, if the old one was defective, the used one may damage soon as well or when the battery is changed again (3-4 years from what i have noticed).

Try to get to a workshop which can do a proper diagnosis, using the original MB software.

I am happy I did not paid 1000 dollars to replace the climatic console.

Regards
Old 08-14-2020, 12:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT S
Hello,

My car just went in to the dealer for same symptoms. Radiator fan on high at start up, climate control buttons no lights. Battery had previously run down to zero. I did end up getting a used market switch bank and replaced the HVAC module to no avail. Although with the new parts, the radiator fan stopped turning on and I gained some functionality climate control buttons but it’s still noT working 100% correct. Maybe just need some coding as I read above about the HW/SW may need updating? Will see.
Old 05-07-2022, 11:17 PM

bmw audi
Originally Posted by Joshuö Feys
Any resolution to this? Exact same thing happened on my GLK
needs programming
Old 09-25-2023, 06:47 PM

2012 c350
bump.... I have replaced the climate control unit for 5 different ones, from glk 350 to c350. they all work and still ....sometimes there is no power to the control unit intermitly ( Radiator fans come on immediately when the control unit loses power)

this can happen when driving also with rear defrost on. starting to think its the AC pressure line faulty to tell the radiator fans to turn on constant... which then tells the control unit to show off/cut power

has anyone figured this out. climate control unit and fuses are not the issue here....

2012 mercedes c350 w204

Last edited by collectivejoel; 09-25-2023 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:07 PM

2012 c350
HI everyone.... I have solved the climate control fan not working/ radiator fan at high speed

Under the the driver side (carpet where the rubber and kick panel are) there is a little circuit board. this gets wet from the moisture damper in the carpet and water runs down the tab, through the hole into the curcuit board, and connections.

THIS WILL DISABLE CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT POWER and turn the radiator fans on when that happens

I have attached pictures attached the location and the board, i dried the unit out with vacuum and heat gun carefully not to melt. reconnect it and its works. perfect

w204 c350/300 GLK 250/350