C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 CGI, sound squeak in front and rear area, any help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C200 CGI
W204 CGI, sound squeak in front and rear area, any help?

Hi friends, im Indonesian, and i have w204 cgi and it only 34k kilometre. I already change front suspension with bilstein and front link stabiliser with original mercedes part, rear suspension shock absorber are still in good condition, rear link are also already change but with lemforder. All other arm already check and no torn on rubber bushing and the rubber bushing are still in center position, so my mechanics said all control arm are still in good condition.
But recently i have some strange situation, if my car are sit overnight or couple hours, and we start to use it, about first 5 minutes drive, it will sound squeak if i drive to rough roads or potholes, after about 5 minutes, it doesnt sound anything again, even i hit potholes (big/small), or drive a speed bumps, everything are good no squeak.
I already uplift the car and check yes we found that long sway bar that have rubber bushing, one of it (left side) are torn which the squeak sound appear during first 5 minutes, right side are good. But what makes me strange is, why it only squeak for first 5 minutes, why it not sound squeak everytime. I want to change the sway bar, the rubber bushing are vulcanized, but i just worry it not solve the squeak problem.
Thanks for the help.