C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

ABS Dynamic control module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Luxury
ABS Dynamic control module

Hey all,

2012 C250 Luxury here. I have the Christmas tree dash in that all of the functions that depend on the ABS sensors are inop and lighting up. I have swapped out the right front speed sensor (per the OBD scan,) twice and nothing. The first sensor was off-brand, but the second one was a Bosch unit. It seems that my next bet is to swap the control module. I have heard that these units cannot be of second hand use and new ones run into the $1k range + VIN calibration.

Has anyone done this swap? Have they had any luck with finding the module at a reasonable price? Thanks!

*Edit - Grammar *

Last edited by Canovas_jorge; 07-01-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:21 AM

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
So you are getting codes for a specific wheel speed sensor? You have to watch out with those aftermarkets sensors, I do not like them. I use only genuine sensors. Sometimes you even have to do them by pairs. I had a 2012 SLK not too long ago that came in with a front left wheel speed sensor fault. replaced only that sensor and same issue. I quickly went and ran the VIN through Xentry Tips and found out there was a specific part number that needed to be installed and they had to be replaced by pairs.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
So you are getting codes for a specific wheel speed sensor? You have to watch out with those aftermarkets sensors, I do not like them. I use only genuine sensors. Sometimes you even have to do them by pairs. I had a 2012 SLK not too long ago that came in with a front left wheel speed sensor fault. replaced only that sensor and same issue. I quickly went and ran the VIN through Xentry Tips and found out there was a specific part number that needed to be installed and they had to be replaced by pairs.
You know, I had the issue of the clogged drains causing leaks inside the cabin. In another thread you had mentioned the wet CAN blocks causing issue with connections. Would water damage cause this issue to come up?