C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

w204 c300 AC not turning on, intermittent issue ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2018 | 04:38 PM

2008 C350 Sport 4Matic Swap
w204 c300 AC not turning on, intermittent issue ?

So my 2008 c300 is giving me a weird intermittent issue. Normally on a hot summer day, I would leave the ac on with the fan running so when I start the car, the ac would work quickly obviously. Last month, I go to start my car and let it sit for a little with the ac on full blast only to come back to hot air coming out of the vents. I turned the climate control off and back on which made the ac work as it should.

Following week this happens again and the fix is to turn the whole system off, once turned back on, the ac kicks in. Unfortunately today, I had to turn the system on and off a few times until the ac finally started working..

I checked for codes with my Icarsoft scanner the first time it happened and I never wrote unfortunately since it didnt do it for a good two weeks, I remember it being something mechanical flap malfunction so im guessing it is some flap that isn't turning on or getting stuck. I say this because I am not able to get the code to show up again.

I refilled my refrigerant last year and once the ac turns on, its ice cold, this issue is some kind of flap getting stuck and im hopping it isnt deep inside the dash, any thoughts would be appreciated.