C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Does anyone know how to reset the stock amplifier??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2018 | 04:28 PM

Question Does anyone know how to reset the stock amplifier??

Hi all, I previously posted the following issue I was having but have figured out what the issue was; see below:

I have a 2011 c350.
About a year ago, after a good car wash, my speakers would start to CRACKLE and POP and would randomly give out and come back in. This would last about a day or so and would stop.
About a month ago, they COMPLETELY stopped working. Now all I hear is heavy static and acceleration feedback out of my speakers.
My head unit seems to be working fine. It powers up, my buttons all work....I just don't hear anything. Nav and backup camera work fine.
I tried unplugging the power plug from the back of my amp in my trunk and it stops the static and feedback but obviously no sound.

UPDATE:

I figured out there was a plug missing around my trunk liner RIGHT above my amp (horrible location for an amp). After pulling the liner off, I found my main harness connector had corrosion on the actual plug and the amp. Fiber optic line shows a light so i'm good there. After using aircraft corrosion cleaner, I think I have managed to clean it all up but I'm still not getting any audio.

QUESTION:

Is there a fuse I might need to check or change or is there a way to reset the amp that might help me?

Thanks.