C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Pep Boys Alignment Done on H&R SS + BF Goodrich G-Force COMP-2 A/S 255/35ZR18/XL 94W

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Question Pep Boys Alignment Done on H&R SS + BF Goodrich G-Force COMP-2 A/S 255/35ZR18/XL 94W

Just got four new BF Goodrich G-Force COMP-2 tires installed at Pep Boys on my staggered setup OEM 18” AMG wheels and then an alignment (also done at same Pep Boys, see before and after numbers attached).

i have the H&R super sport suspension and have hit countless pothole since purchasing the vehicle brand new in the Fall of 2007, so figured it was a good idea.

I am not familiar with what the measurements should be and from looking at the before and after alignment results (see attached), it doesn’t look like too much adjusting was done, but I have no idea how significant what seem to be minor tweaks, really are.

And now I see that they just key in my OEM specs, and didn’t account for any actual spec changes that I would think would give me a new baseline, from having the H&R SS aftermarket springs. But I lack knowledge what is appropriate or best practice, so that’s why I am posting here to hope someone with more info can give me an idea based on my new numbers, if my alignment was done properly or if I need to return and do it over.

It seems to drive straight with no noticeable pull, but I am more concerned about any issues with premature or uneven wear on the new tires as well as performance issues if not done at the appropriate level for SS springs.

Can any of the suspension / alignment / tire gurus please weight in and let me know your thoughts regarding the situation describe above?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by rb23lb; 10-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 72 Likes on 70 Posts
Mercedes w204 4matic sport
Most alignment print outs I know of are colored on the numbers red or green to show if they are in spec, red is out and green is good. looks like a surprisingly good alignment for a chain shop but to me I'm wondering how he did the rear toe as that requires creativity or likely an OEM alignment tool. in addition, setup is key for ride height which is very specific.I did an alignment on mine (personally did it) but don't have the printout anymore. but I can say your rear camber is probably the only one out of spec by a bit due to the lowering. the TOE measurements if true are fine according to the limits.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Just204
Most alignment print outs I know of are colored on the numbers red or green to show if they are in spec, red is out and green is good. looks like a surprisingly good alignment for a chain shop but to me I'm wondering how he did the rear toe as that requires creativity or likely an OEM alignment tool. in addition, setup is key for ride height which is very specific.I did an alignment on mine (personally did it) but don't have the printout anymore. but I can say your rear camber is probably the only one out of spec by a bit due to the lowering. the TOE measurements if true are fine according to the limits.
thanks for the reply. Do you think the before and after adjustments were substantial? I can't really tell a difference, so trying to determine if it was really out of line before and even needed an adjustment, or if I just wasted money...

I got the lifetime alignment so I can bring it back without hassle anyway, but mainly want to know if it looks ok which it sounds like it does, except for the rear camber ya, because I'm sure they didnt do anything specific for the lowering...

anybody else use pep boys for alignments? I am thinking the the machines are probably pretty standardized so they are hard to screw up no matter where you go? Or do you really need a super skilled tech for the best job?