C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2012 C300 4matic Sudenly won't start at all.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Exclamation 2012 C300 4matic Sudenly won't start at all.

HI everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, although I have had much success using the advice that is on here in the past. Im hopping one off you will be able to guide me on this issue. I will try and just list the pacts so its easier to skim..

-Recently pulled in to a parking lot in the middle of the day... Walked in to a store for no more than 5 minutes.. Came out, got in, turned the key and nothing happened with the engine.
-All lights, dash, bluetooth, window, signal work and steering wheel cam downing position as usual.
-There is a "clicking " when I turn the key, but its not the engine turning over at all.
-I am able to turn the key FULLY to start position, not just accessory.
-The steering wheel is not Locked. Which leaves out the ESL I believe.
-Had AAA test the battery and they say its good. Also jumped it and put a new battery in and still nothing.
-Checked all fuses under the hood and all work! I did not change the starter relay fuse yet.
-Everything I have read indicates a fuse, Starter relay, our the dreaded EIS!

To be honest I am not able to pay the $1,200 for the EIS if that is the case. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Chad
Old 10-22-2018, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 134 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Chad James
HI everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, although I have had much success using the advice that is on here in the past. Im hopping one off you will be able to guide me on this issue. I will try and just list the pacts so its easier to skim..

-Recently pulled in to a parking lot in the middle of the day... Walked in to a store for no more than 5 minutes.. Came out, got in, turned the key and nothing happened with the engine.
-All lights, dash, bluetooth, window, signal work and steering wheel cam downing position as usual.
-There is a "clicking " when I turn the key, but its not the engine turning over at all.
-I am able to turn the key FULLY to start position, not just accessory.
-The steering wheel is not Locked. Which leaves out the ESL I believe.
-Had AAA test the battery and they say its good. Also jumped it and put a new battery in and still nothing.
-Checked all fuses under the hood and all work! I did not change the starter relay fuse yet.
-Everything I have read indicates a fuse, Starter relay, our the dreaded EIS!

To be honest I am not able to pay the $1,200 for the EIS if that is the case. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Chad
The 2012 C300 4MATIC is a facelift model and does not suffer from the dreaded ESL on the earlier models. That problem was fixed by then.

Do you have access to a STAR diagnostic tool to run it and see what errors come up?
Old 10-22-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Hi,

Thank you for your response. Thats good news about the ESL being fixed by this model. It is however the EIS that I am being told may be the issue. I did run a diagnostic on a MaxDiag Elite scanner, not a STAR. The codes that came up were P0128, which is a thermostat that I already knew about, and is not the issue. The other that came up is P0607 which reads "Control Module Performance". Not sure what that is or if its causing the problem. Lastly a P2571 "Direct Ozon Reduction Catalyst". Im not sure if any of this helps. I can see what I can do about getting my hands on a STAR brand diagnostics system.

Thank you again,

Chad
Old 10-23-2018, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 134 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Chad James
Hi,
Thank you for your response. Thats good news about the ESL being fixed by this model. It is however the EIS that I am being told may be the issue. I did run a diagnostic on a MaxDiag Elite scanner, not a STAR. The codes that came up were P0128, which is a thermostat that I already knew about, and is not the issue. The other that came up is P0607 which reads "Control Module Performance". Not sure what that is or if its causing the problem. Lastly a P2571 "Direct Ozon Reduction Catalyst". Im not sure if any of this helps. I can see what I can do about getting my hands on a STAR brand diagnostics system.
I did some research for you and found out that a P0607 with the same symptoms as you ended being a bad crankshaft position sensor. Maybe you could try that.

STAR Xentry is the MB diagnostics tool btw.