C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

CPO WARRANTY ISSUE

Old 11-29-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 4matic
CPO WARRANTY ISSUE

I have a 2014 C300 4matic Sport. I took it to the dealer due to noise in the rear end. Dealer called me and said the shocks were shot (at 51,000 miles) and that they are not covered under warranty. I protested and the next day they said MBUSA would provide the shocks but I would have to pay $500+ labor. I wasn't happy and pursued the matter with MBUSA. I picked up the car and paid $529 with the understanding that if MBUSA agreed to pay I would get a refund. The next day MBUSA sent me a digital $500 gift card. The dealer then refused to accept it and refused to issue a refund. Multiple calls to MBUSA have gone unanswered and the dealer claims that MB will not allow them to apply it as I already paid. I purchase five cars from this dealer!!! WTF??? I have two prepaid services and the gift card expires in a year. Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2018, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C250 SPORT
You could try climbing the ladder at the dealership until you reach the owner, citing the multiple cars bought, prepaid maintenances bought, etc. until something gets done or maybe try to sell the credit, if possible. I think calling on MBUSA will fall on deaf ears. My dealership was able to refund my money when I bought tires but not sure if a $500 digital gift card is valued the same as $500 credit through MBUSA, especially with labor vs. bought goods. Also, the key terminology here is "wear and tear" item, which shocks are considered, and is almost never covered no matter how you look at this.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 630 Likes on 470 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
Does not original warranty cover shocks?

IF yes then CPO waarnaty would cover them as it is extension of original bumber to bumper warranty.

Another method is to have them show you in writting where in the contracts you signed for CPO car it says SHOCKS are NOT COVERED.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
Mercedes Benz Canada CPO covers shocks. No idea about USA. Read the T&Cs of the CPO warranty.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by SCHUTZEE
I have a 2014 C300 4matic Sport. I purchase five cars from this dealer!!! WTF?. Any suggestions?
I regret your situation.

To borrow a phrase from "One Eyed Jacks" - that dealer engenders the expression "scum suckin' pig"

ez
Old 12-01-2018, 11:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by SCHUTZEE
The next day MBUSA sent me a digital $500 gift card. The dealer then refused to accept it and refused to issue a refund. Multiple calls to MBUSA have gone unanswered and the dealer claims that MB will not allow them to apply it as I already paid.
This is pretty standard and I've negotiated upfront for close to double what I was "owed" knowing how this "scam" works. Had the same treatment escalating to SAAB, MB, Ford, and Honda. It's not "real money" to them (or any retailer) as you're purchasing good there's a huge markup on. Most actually refer to it as a "one time good faith service". I think Honda was the one where the guy was so nice he told me they're limited to $1,000 good faith without requiring a review. Of course I asked if I said please could I get the 1K since this is my only shot. I got the 1K! They're basically agreeing to do stuff at cost or little profit for you opposed to giving cold hard cash which hurts. I forget which, but one of them actually had a restriction on accessories that did not require dealer installation, and they ALL can only be used at their dealers...even though it's a Visa gift card, it won't work anywhere else (I've tried). So knowing this, next time call them out and tell them if they're only going to give you "funny money" you want DOUBLE! You don't get what you don't ask for...