C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Help 2009 C300 Differential pinion bearing part number

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz C300 W204
Exclamation Help 2009 C300 Differential pinion bearing part number

Hello,

Need some help finding the part number for the differential pinion bearing for my 2009 C300.
After extended research online, came to the conclusion that these differentials are sold as a whole part (unfortunately for me)
I know for sure where the whining is coming from, as we put the car on a lift and the sound was coming exactly from one of the pinion bearings in the differential (already changed both rear wheel bearings)

Did anyone do this job and know what bearings are the exact fit for these so I can order them online?
I am assuming Timken should have some that fit, bur research online came to no results
I can't take mine off and match it at a bearing shop because the job will be done at a local shop and I can't hold their lift for too long (in case no shops have them and have to order them online)

Also, I am looking to change both of them, as I understood correctly, there are 2 bearings on the pinion, front and back (correct me if I'm wrong)

I would really appreciate any help, as my whining noise is getting louder everyday and don't want that bearing to fall apart and damage the whole differential.

Thank you, have a great week!