C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New brake pads, old rotors.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
New brake pads, old rotors.

Is this normal?

Both sides are like this, and I replaced both front pads, but kept the rotors as there is no immediate concern.

(thickness measured out to be within spec).

Surprised to see that the wear is not even, but I guess that's normal. Just looking for a sanity check please. Any causes of concern? Everything feels fine!
Attached Thumbnails New brake pads, old rotors.-20190125_185357.jpg  
Old 01-25-2019, 10:54 PM

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
Low spots on rotor is all, that's why you get rotors turned even if your keeping them, if spec allows. Sooner or later your pad will wear to it, small enough area though that you'd be fine in my opinion, but that's not saying much haha.

So normal depends, does it happen sometimes when your previous pad and rotor have bedded and made an uneven wear pattern, yes. I can't say I've seen it usually last more than a week or so though unless the pad is just smaller. Or your previous pad just made a heck of a groove even if it feels smooth it's wavy at the inside area.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 201 Posts
A car
Originally Posted by catmandoob
Low spots on rotor is all, that's why you get rotors turned even if your keeping them, if spec allows. Sooner or later your pad will wear to it, small enough area though that you'd be fine in my opinion, but that's not saying much haha.

So normal depends, does it happen sometimes when your previous pad and rotor have bedded and made an uneven wear pattern, yes. I can't say I've seen it usually last more than a week or so though unless the pad is just smaller. Or your previous pad just made a heck of a groove even if it feels smooth it's wavy at the inside area.
Thank you