C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Speaker Screeching.... Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 Sport
Speaker Screeching.... Please Help!

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to these boards. I bought a 2012 C350 Sport with 30,000 miles last week.

I've been super happy with the vehicle except something came up on my way to work this morning. I couldn't find anything anywhere on the internet regarding this issue, so I figured I would see if y'all knew what the issue could be. The rear speakers (I think it's the rear deck sub woofer/tweeter), started to crackle... about 10 minutes later an extremely high pitched screeching started to emanate from the rear of the car (It's unbearably loud). Attached is a video I recorded on my phone. It sounds like a grounding issue to me. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm not averse to popping a few panels to get at the wiring, just wondering if anyone had anything like this and looking to tap into some experience that someone else might have.

Many thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Speaker Screech.mov (1.84 MB, 96 views)
Old 01-30-2022, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Speakers crackling/Popping/High-pitched squeal

My speakers also make all of these crazy noises. Well, the did. I first noticed it during rain. Then it seemed to go away. The next time was during a drive-thru car wash. I found that the problem seemed to be one of the rubber pieces around the inside of the trunk that was missing. I replaced it and everything seemed fine. The next time thru the car wash, same thing but it has now been approx 6 months and no sound ever returned. No crazy noises, nothing. There is power, it is not muted, all of the functions work but without any sound at all. I assume I need to replace the amp but since I’ve already replaced the seal/rubber piece that was missing originally I’m not sure what to do, maybe flex seal in the hole instead…