C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W204 C Class 320CDI
Mercedes Electrical Issues

Hi

currently have W204 (320CDI 08),

initial problems were:

No heated seats, auto lights, wipers or horn not working. I replaced front sam, which worked for a week. And it stopped working again. SAM was matched both part number and software numbers. Code read on Star.

I purchased another front SAM off Ebay -

Auto mech reprogrammed SAM everything works, however front lights wont turn off, fogs wont turn on - seems theres no power to the light controller.

Auto mech found water around the rear sam and feels it needs replaced as well. Auto mech felt the rear sam might be causing issues for the front sam.

So after replacing both rear and front, SAM's the wipers and horn are working again. Central locking also seems to be working a lot better. I have replaced the front SAM X3 times now.

However, still cannot manually turn lights on and off (replaced switch as well) hazard lights, ESP button and heated seats still don't work or seem to have power going to them.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure who I could take my car to locally that would be able to resolve this issue - may be a Mercedes job. I have been to a number of mech with no further progress.

Would it be worth getting my battery tested? Is there anything that I could be missing?

Could this be a coding issue? Auto mech said he recoded both SAM's before installing.

Could this be a earth issue?

Many thanks in advance