C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tire size

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c300 sport amg trim
Tire size

Is it ok if my two front tires are different from the two rear? Both front are the same and both rear are the same. Speed rating for front ate 92w and 94y rear
Old 03-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Received 79 Likes on 78 Posts
W204 C220CDI 2011
As long as the front and rear are the same rolling radius.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
When you say the front and the rear are the same, do you mean the tire SIZES are the same, because I doubt they would be the same brand and model of tire? From your description the load rating isn't that different, but the speed rating is. I would be more concerned with having different grip levels front and rear. If you live in a warmer area that might not make much, if any difference in normal driving, but if you live in an area where it gets cold it could have an effect when it gets cold. One end could lose grip before the other end. A lot depends on how you typically drive too. If you drive gently overall, might nit make any difference. If you drive aggressively most of the time, you could notice the difference much more easily.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 PM

2013 c300 sport amg trim
Originally Posted by Alfadude
When you say the front and the rear are the same, do you mean the tire SIZES are the same, because I doubt they would be the same brand and model of tire? From your description the load rating isn't that different, but the speed rating is. I would be more concerned with having different grip levels front and rear. If you live in a warmer area that might not make much, if any difference in normal driving, but if you live in an area where it gets cold it could have an effect when it gets cold. One end could lose grip before the other end. A lot depends on how you typically drive too. If you drive gently overall, might nit make any difference. If you drive aggressively most of the time, you could notice the difference much more easily.
the front tires are falken ziex ze950 a/s 225-40-18, rear pireli pzero a/s 255-35-18. The reason for this post is because a Walmart tire service member said that i cant do that because it will mess up my car because its awd. I live in Massachusetts and it does get cold, but the car is just for everyday driving only. I dont do any aggressive driving.

Thanks for your inputs
Old 03-06-2019, 03:08 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
As long as the circumference of the tires on each AXLE are the same you will be fine. What you don't want to have is one tire on the rear be a larger circumference than the other one on the rear (or front). match up front to front and rear to rear. Still not a fan of mismatching tires of different speed ratings and brands. Also, not the best thing either to have one axle be very worn and the other be brand new. You could run into issues with much different grip levels. Probably not a big deal in the type of driving you typically do, but you never know when that one special instant could come up unexpectedly.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:26 PM

2013 c300 sport amg trim
Originally Posted by Alfadude
As long as the circumference of the tires on each AXLE are the same you will be fine. What you don't want to have is one tire on the rear be a larger circumference than the other one on the rear (or front). match up front to front and rear to rear. Still not a fan of mismatching tires of different speed ratings and brands. Also, not the best thing either to have one axle be very worn and the other be brand new. You could run into issues with much different grip levels. Probably not a big deal in the type of driving you typically do, but you never know when that one special instant could come up unexpectedly.
yea I always replace both left and right tires at the same time. I just went thru some stupid stuff that the previous owner left. Long story short, they put the right rear wheel on the front and right front on the rear. One of thise rims was cracked and my tire popped on the highway so I ordered a pair for the rear which was the front tire size(front wheel was mounted to the rear from previous owner) then i had to order another pair for the rear and couldn’t fine the same brand so that how i got different brands. Lol u guys probably stopped reading this post already but thabks for the help. I guess the guy at walmart was just lazy and didnt want to mount my tires
Old 03-06-2019, 03:58 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by yangson720
yea I always replace both left and right tires at the same time. I just went thru some stupid stuff that the previous owner left. Long story short, they put the right rear wheel on the front and right front on the rear. One of thise rims was cracked and my tire popped on the highway so I ordered a pair for the rear which was the front tire size(front wheel was mounted to the rear from previous owner) then i had to order another pair for the rear and couldn’t fine the same brand so that how i got different brands. Lol u guys probably stopped reading this post already but thabks for the help. I guess the guy at walmart was just lazy and didnt want to mount my tires
My head hurt just reading that. You would think something as seemingly easy as mounting and balancing new tires should be simple and straightforward for anyone that does it on a daily basis. But, time and again you hear that is not the case. You can substitute "oil chnage" for "tire change" with the same sentiment. Sorry for your hassle.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
eNgLiSh gOd DaMnIt