C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can I connect an air suspension compressor to the auxiliary battery in the trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204
Smile Can I connect an air suspension compressor to the auxiliary battery in the trunk?

Hello everybody, it's my first post here so I'd like to say hi to everyone on the forum and ask for a bit of advise.

I'm currently installing an aftermarket air suspension on my face lifed W204 and was wondering if I can connect my compressor and management system to the auxiliary battery in the trunk? As far as I know the battery (12V 200Ah) is used only for the eco mode (start-stop) which I don't even use and turn it off everytime I start the car. I was checking with an electric meter and with the car started, the voltage on the battery was 13.5V, after removing the positive terminal from the battery (checking if the battery was being charged) it would show 0V on the cable. I'm sure that the battery is charged somehow from the main battery or the alternator? Anybody has any idea how it works?

I've found a post where somebody claimed that they have a subwoofer hooked up to that battery and I believe the subwoofer needs more power than a small compressor turning on from time to time. I would be grateful for any advise, eventually I will just run a cable from the main battery but I was hoping I wouldn't have to

Sorry for any mistakes, writing all the way from Poland
Old 05-22-2019, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
No
Old 05-23-2019, 08:32 AM

W204
Any details on why 'no'? It's a simple answer but i'd like to know a bit more on how that works.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:21 AM

W204
I know its an old thread but i though i would contribute for anybody thinking about connecting their air compressor to the auxiliary battery in the trunk. I have been running mine like that for the past year without any problems The battery is fine, the car is fine, never had any errors or issues so the answer is YES, You can do it. The air compressor can be hooked up to the small baterry in the trunk Be sure to use a relay!
Old 05-21-2022, 06:01 PM

Mercedes cls550 4matic
Front end of my car is raised up to high

I recently changed the compressor the sprungs hose in the back , I know I need a auxiliary battery but the front part of my car raised up higher the it should be and won’t lower does anyone know is that coming from the auxiliary