C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2014 C300 - No audio troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300 - No audio troubleshooting

Hi everyone,
I've searched around the forum and online for a conclusive fix to this issue and unfortunately all the possible avenues i explored have not brought back my audio. I took it to the local MB dealer and 2hrs / $200 bucks later, they told me i have a bad command unit; reassuring me in the process that the fiber optic loop was sound, but i purchased one and doubled checked for myself, bypassing the amp, tele unit under the back seat and radio/cd unit...Nothing! MB want's $2,600 for a new command unit

I also performed the following:
Checked all related radio/audio related fuses
Soft reset of command unit
hard reset of system via disconnecting the battery

I finally Purchased another command unit from ebay, hoping that would definitely solve it. Well, i plugged it in and everything powered up, radio tuner work but still not sound. The anti theft lock eventually came on after a while, so i swapped my original one in for now.

Ant that's where i am currently; out of options and unsure where to go from here. i was told that as long as i matched the part numbers for the replacement CU, i shouldn't need to have it programmed. I was hopeful when it powered on without issue but bummed when no sound played through.

Does anyone have any ideas how/where to proceed for here? Appreciate any feedback!!

Background:
2014 C300 with Nav and HK system Logic 7
Old 04-22-2020, 07:36 PM

2012 C 350
I wish I could help, but I have the same problem...and was just wondering if I another CU, would I have to take it to a shop to reprogram it?
So I hope we both can find some answers! Good luck!
Old 04-28-2020, 03:57 PM

2012 C 350
I have same problem...no sound. Unit comes on perfectly, tunes to radio stations, nav works, blue tooth attempts to connect
1)Checked fuses, both in panel and behind radio
2)Bypassed sat radio
3)Changed amp
4) Pulled my hair and drank a beer... still no sound!
Ideas??