C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

What is this greenish bluish liquid on left side of my engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 and GLC 300
What is this greenish bluish liquid on left side of my engine?

Today I just opened the engine cover so I can check some stuff underneath it, then I noticed some liquid on the left side of my engine.
I attached the picture so you guys can take a look and advice me that what should I do? For sure it's not engine oil has it not brown or dark. My concern is it is some kind of coolant either transmission cooler or any other type of coolant which I'm not sure where it's leaking to.
Please help! What should I do?
If it's radiator coolant then how should I check it out? What is the best level of coolant liquid in the container?

Tha thank you so much guys!

It seems the leak is happening from this black pipe as there is some greenish stain on it already it seems there is a joint and that The problem but not sure. What should I do?

That black pipe on the left side of engine that you can see in other picture it's coming to this coolant container so that's what I think it's causing it but it seems it's not happening that often.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 AM

Received 133 Likes on 89 Posts
2010 C-Class C350 4MATIC
You have a crack in your water pump coolant pipe.

The reason the leak is not happening as much is because your coolant system pressures up and will cause the coolant to leak out until it’s replaced with air.

Since your leak is near the very top of the engine, you’ve probably only lost a bit of coolant and shouldn’t have tons of air in the system.

As to what you can do:

1. Top up the coolant, clean the area where the coolant has leaked
2. Start your car and and let it warm up. The coolant should start to leak out
3. Verify the leak is coming from the coolant pipe
4. If so, order the part # for A271 200 2452
5. You’ll need to drain some coolant from the bottom left hand corner of the radiator through the drain plug. Be careful using the plastic drain plug as if it breaks, you’ll need to replace the whole radiator.
6. Taking the pipe off seems pretty easy, here’s a link to follow:
https://www.b e n z world.org/threads/w204-coolant-feed-line-design-issue.2801986/
7. After everything is installed, top up the coolant and bleed the air out of the system while checking for any leaks.

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited by Xzero; 08-31-2019 at 09:29 AM.