C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Wheel & Tire Protection coverage on non-dealer installed tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300 4MATIC
Wheel & Tire Protection coverage on non-dealer installed tires?

Hi All. I may be asking a question that has an obvious answer (faily new MB owner here). My 2014 C300 is approaching 50K on the original Contential run flats. I'm bringing it for scheduled service tomorrow, where I'm pretty certain they will recommend new tires.

My question is, do I have to purchase the new tires from the dealer to keep the wheel and tire protection?

I've been looking up prices of tires through Costco, tire rack, etc. to understand non-dealer costs of tires for comparison. Seems like many here love the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ over the Contential run flats. I'm a woman who lives in Chicago (potholes everywhere) and likes the idea of the run flat as I don't believe my car has a spare. However, I'm open to recommendations!
Old 10-09-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
I have no idea what exactly what kind of wheel/tire protection you have. Best to take a look at what it says. If it is a program run by the dealer, then maybe. However, you can go somewhere else and they might also have some kind of wheel/tire protection warranty as well. Don't you have a run flat donut tire in the trunk?

Those Michelins are good tires and another popular tire are the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires. I am sure either one of those will give you better overall performance that the run flats, especially in winter and in the snow.

I am guessing you are finding out that buying and having tires mounted by someone other than the dealer is much less expensive. However, if you always take your car to the dealer, have a good relationship with them and it is the most simple and convenient for you, then maybe it is worth spending that little bit extra. That would be something for you to determine. I have a great indy mechanic and when I need tires I buy them from Tirerack and have them delivered there and have them mount them.

Good luck, winter is comimg!!!!