C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

REPLACE CAMSHAFT ADJUSTERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
REPLACE CAMSHAFT ADJUSTERS

I have a 2006 E350 with 101,000 miles. I took my car to the dealer to check the noise and the rough running of my car. They said that my right and left exhaust cams are out of spect and of course it costs $4600 to fix it.

I took my car home and checked it with my scanner, It showed P0300s, P0023, and P0019. Then checked the marking of cams by taking out the sensors and rotating the engine to 305 degrees. I found that three of the markings on the cams are right in the middle but the exhaust marking on the driver side could not even be seen. It was almost at the bottom.

I cannot afford to lose my car or pay what the dealer is asking. I cannot even pay anything close to $4600. But I am pretty handy and am sure with the proper information I can fix it myself. I already looked all over the internet. There are tons of info on how to change the timing chain and the balance shaft but not even one video or document on how to replace the exhaust cams, tools that I need and the pitfalls adjusting the timing with the new cam. I think changing the timing chain requires the timing to be set again but nobody said anything about that. Do the cams and the timing chain need to be set and sync-ed once they are replaced?

I greatly appreciate it if anybody out there can explain the steps I have to take or just guide me to where I can find these directions. I'm not working so any advice would really help. Thank you.

Last edited by mkhounani; 10-14-2019 at 04:27 AM.