C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bluetooth Cable/Interface needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Bluetooth Cable/Interface needed

I just picked up a 2010 C300/Luxury/without Command system. I was able to connect my phone via BT and understand from posts in this site that I need a cable or other interface to stream from my phone. There is no plug in the center console and only a 3.5mm jack in the glove box. What am I missing? Does this mean that I cannot use the Bovee (or other) device? Is there a different ipod or other mode of connecting devices to play music?

I did buy a 3.5mm cable that connects to my android and the glovebox jack and it works OK. I prefer to stream via BT for audiobooks and other content.

I get that this vehicle does not have cutting edge tech - not an issue for me. But if there is a way or workaround, I want to use it.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
A solution, always angers me

A 2000 Honda Civic had more "tech" than the Audio20 2010 W204. Drives me crazy every single time I get into my C300. Even ten years later, I'm still not over the idea that MB insisted in selling a 1900's audio system in their "luxury" (and most profitable) 21st Century car.

That said, this seems to be a solution, although an unsightly one. One will have to keep a USB charger adaptor constantly in the cigarette lighter socket, try to hide the receiver and wires in the passenger transmission tunnel mesh pocket and run the wires under the carpet. Amazon offers:
Amazon Amazon

My solution was to force my "local" 300 km distant MB dealer to install a free iPod Adaptor Kit (or cancel the sale!). then purchased a Viseeo WMA1000 Bluetooth module that fits and powers from the 30-pin iPod plug. However, between deserts of 4G reception and the horrible audio quality of streaming, I'm back to using CD's.

Best of success, any specific questions please message me thru MBWorld.