C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

All of my electronics are inoperative.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 benz c300
All of my electronics are inoperative.

My car
Not sure if anyone has had the same issue as me.
I have a 2013 c300.
when I first got the car from a used dealer 3 years ago, it was nice and clean with 29k miles.
The only issue it had on the dash was “Front right malfunction”
i believe that was a recall that Benz is still unable to do.

A few months after I bought the car there was a heavy rain storm.
I noticed I heard water swishing somewhere when I would turn, or when the car would slow down or speed up.

For months after that i couldn’t figure out where the water was coming from.

Months after that, I have had enough of hearing water swish back and forth so I did a thorough investigation and found out that the small amount of water that get past the sunroof lining, makes its way done the windshield pillars (as it should, since their are small water tunnels for this) and instead of draining out of the car, it built up a reservoir water.

I got plenty towels and soaked up as much water as I could.

I couldn’t figure out why water was being built up.
I didn’t see any obvious drain hole.

so I aired it out and continued to drive the car as normal with no issues.

next rainstorm came, and car is filled with water again. This time the back floor of the car was soaking wet from the inside out.
This means the car was litteraly flooded inside the frame.

I immediately lifted up the driver sided carpet (not mat) to check out the water again and there it is, looking like a water park.

i see a black rubber looking stopper in thedead center. It looks like it was factory placed there

i remove that and ALL THE WATER DRAINS OUT LIKE IT SHOULD to under the car
why was that stopper there ?? Who knows !!!!

All that being said. A few months later I’m starting to have electrical issues. I brought it to Benz , but they were the most rude people I have ever dealt with in my life. They told me the car will never be able to start again and that it would take 120 hours to figure out what the issue is. . I started it later that day.... They treated me like I wasn’t human. I drove it back home and am figuring out what to do with it.

Heres the real question though. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE WIRES THAT ARE UNDER THE FOOTWELL OF THE CAR? OR ANYTHING THAT MAY HAVE GOTTEN DAMAGED FROM WATER BEING UNDER THE FLOOR.

I know there are wires under there because I seen them. I would just like to under stand their function. So I know if I need to get those replaced.

Old 11-14-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 133 Likes on 89 Posts
2010 C-Class C350 4MATIC
I would search the W204 forum for “Water leak” and see what info is out there as this has happened to several people:

https://mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=25016886
Old 11-15-2019, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
There are some modules underneath the driver's footwell carpet that may need replacing