C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2008 c350 water in Drivers side when it rains Suddenly??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2019 | 11:22 PM

2008 Mercedes c350
2008 c350 water in Drivers side when it rains Suddenly??

I would appreciate if you read the whole thing to understand my month long problems I have had Suddenly and all details.

I have a 2008 C350 sport that I bought used about a year ago (jan 31 will make a year) 117,000 miles. No problems at all until week before Thanksgiving! Car won't start turned out to be ESL yay lol Suck it up and get it fixed at dealer.

The car was towed there, legit 3 miles away. They didn't bring a flat bed, just picked it up by back wheels ( thought that was weird)

The lady calls & starts telling me a few other things it needs blah blah. She said they found very little tiny tiny bit of water in floor board. I brushed it off because it was raining when it got towed ( thought a worker got in car with wet boots) so I guess they run it through car wash before returning. Well my car floor was Wet like splash splash.

they told me to dry it and come back in 2 weeks for water test ( test alone 200) I ended up Canceling because I thought we fix it.

Theyleft fuse box cover off and we thought it was that. Little water still got in. Thought it was seal around wiper arm. Sealed it. Rained and dry floor.

2 days ago it Rained aloft for a long time hard.. I get in my car to a Puddle on drivers side floor only. I go Vacuum it up and at this point I know I have to drive it to a family's garage to dry it & get out the rain. I stop to get gas and NOTICE the back winshield edge is smashed, on both sides a crack on top and in middle.

When I got the car it had a little say smudge in the defrost line. Same spot that looked busted( we think something happened with back defrost that shattered back glass)

We dyed everything. Took carpet out all the way. We sprayed the car down with a high pressure hose for a long time..windshield area & sunroof for a while. Not one drop of water. Dry and could hear somthing draining.

Do you think maybe my back glass edges already had a crack and it was coming in from there? Or Maybe some how it's water getting in tail light or somthing ( we didn't spray back of car)

it's due to rain in 2 days so we didn't put carpet back in car yet. I plan on sitting in the car during the rain to watch for water.

What happed to my car from the time it got towed and the 4 days it spent at the dealer to make it start collecting water in drivers side floor??

Btw I live in South East we just been through HURRICANES few months past and obviously hard rains in the months I've had it and never had a drop of water until It got towed to dealer & had ESL fixed!!! I'm beyond frustrated.

Oh & I NEVER open the sunroof. Maybe used it once.

Last edited by JayMay; 12-14-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2019 | 05:44 PM

W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
I can bet that your sunroof drains are clogged. It is one of the most common things on W204 chassis. Remove front wheels, remove wheel fender covers and find the rubber drains. I have had a hand full of cars in the shop for the same issue. I usually cut the tips off of the drain hose.
The following users liked this post:
JayMay (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019 | 06:47 PM

2008 Mercedes c350
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
I can bet that your sunroof drains are clogged. It is one of the most common things on W204 chassis. Remove front wheels, remove wheel fender covers and find the rubber drains. I have had a hand full of cars in the shop for the same issue. I usually cut the tips off of the drain hose.
Yes I've heard that a lot. When we sprayed it with the hose for 15 mins no water. It actually Rained for 2 hours yesterday, sat in the car, carpet still out, and no water. Its gonna rain in a few days for for 3 days, I guess I'll wait and see then and put the carpet back.

I got the new back window before I sprayed it & rain came. It would be very weird if that was the cause....
Old 12-18-2019 | 07:56 PM

2011 C300 Sport
To check the front sunroof drains, you can slide the sunroof back open and pour some water in near the wind deflector that pops up. There is a drain on each side of the opening. If they are clear, the water will come out behind the front wheels. If they are clogged, it will be obvious.

I have gone thru this twice.. I was able to blow them out with some pressurized air. Just be careful to not use too much pressure.

Glock