C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Unable to move seat!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 04:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63
Angry Unable to move seat!!!!!

My passenger side seat is stuck. The seat only moves back and forth on the right side track. I tried removing the seat but because I cant move the seat back and forth I cant get to all the bolts that hold the seat to the floor. Is there any other way to remove the seat? Please help!!
Old 12-27-2019, 08:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
You may be able to remove the lower seat cushion to gain access to the bolts you are trying to get to.

However, once you have the seat cushion removed you can get access to the drive mechanism to see what is going on. On mine I was able to put some shims in place to re-engage the drive shaft in the seat to the receptacle in the track. The tip of the flexible shaft was a bit worn and would not make good contact. I was able to take it apart, install a couple shims to push it farther into the receptacle on the track side and was good to go.

Good luck
Old 12-29-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 C63
I was able to remove the cushion and gain access to the motor. One of the two rubber feet on the motor spit in half and was causing one of the shafts to not seat all the way in the rail. This was causing only one of the shafts to turn and only one side of the seat to move. I got a new foot from the junk yard and replaced the broken one and fixed the issue.

Originally Posted by Glock_19_9mm
You may be able to remove the lower seat cushion to gain access to the bolts you are trying to get to.

However, once you have the seat cushion removed you can get access to the drive mechanism to see what is going on. On mine I was able to put some shims in place to re-engage the drive shaft in the seat to the receptacle in the track. The tip of the flexible shaft was a bit worn and would not make good contact. I was able to take it apart, install a couple shims to push it farther into the receptacle on the track side and was good to go.

Good luck