C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Washer nozzle removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Class
Washer nozzle removal

Hey guys,
I'm driving 2011 C Class coupe (after facelift).
I have noticed that for a while now the washer nozzle on the driver side doesn't spray as much water as on the passenger side. Then a few days ago it stopped spraying on driver's side altogether.
When I have inspected the issue I've noticed that I have 2 separate jets on the driver side, so one was never working (I have the car for the last year) and they only get foamy on the ends.
So the pump is working, nothing is leaking and I assume that it's the clogged jets. Anyone have any experience with removing those for cleaning?
I tried the needle and the wire to get them unclogged, but both are going only about 1-2cm inside and won't go any further. Tried that with the working one with the same result.
Now the tricky part is that when I open the bonnet I cannot see the pipe going to the jets, because it's covered with a huge plastic cover. Is there some easy way to remove those jets without removing the whole cover?
That's something I will try to fix over weekend so I'm desperate for any suggestions.