C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Morning misfires Timing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 c250
Exclamation Morning misfires Timing?

So my issue is in the morning when I go to start my car it'll misfire for 45 seconds then smooth out with rpm dropping down to normal. Occasionally while cruising at around 2k rpm ill get a misfire. This all started a few months back after I replaced my high pressure fuel pump, or HPFP, due to the limp mode on hard acceleration. I took to the dealer and they said i need a new valve cover gasket. I bought the parts and replaced it myself as well as the 4 spark plug well gaskets. While I had the cover removed I decided to inspect the camshaft phasers. To no surprise the intake side was advanced but the odd part is I don't have a the code everyone else seems to get. In fact I only have codes for the misfires that happen in the morning and at cruising speed. Should I still replace the camshaft phasers? Could that be causing my misfires that only happen in the morning? The misfires started of mainly in the 3rd cylinder but progressed to all of them. Ive also replaced all 4 coil packs and spark plugs. I read somewhere it could've possibly been a intake manifold gasket leak so I replaced that as well. Maybe a vacuum leak? Ive read through the other threads where this occurring but don't have any codes they get. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the bad pictures!!