C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

FIXED: M271 EVO C250 Gurgling/Grunting Sound RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C250
Exclamation FIXED: M271 EVO C250 Gurgling/Grunting Sound RESOLVED

Hi guys!
So after 4.5 years of having a weird, loud gurgling/gulping/grunting noise coming from the passenger footwell area of my C250, I've finally fixed the issue and found the culprit. As you know, this issue has affected countless C250 owners (especially 2012MY owners) and no one on this forum has been able to find a fix, let alone confirm where the issue is coming from. Forum users mrm143 and Whitec250 have also made posts about this. It appears this has disproportionately affected the 2012MY but also some 2013 and '14 MYs as well.

I took my car into a local indie shop for a 'big' service to be done and decided to upgrade the ECU and TCU software in addition to motor mounts. The shop called me and said a SECTION OF THE INTAKE HOSE (the huge hose visible when you open the hood of the car) was ripped and needed to be replaced at the tune of $290. I quickly googled this part and found that the elbow looking section of this much larger hose won't be replaced by MB or my indie shop without buying the entire hose. While I could have saved some money and only replaced the elbow piece as folks have done online, I decided to get an entirely new hose. Between the ECU/TCU software update and the Intake hose, I'm not sure which one actually fixed the issue, but my god, the car sounds so quiet and is so smooth that I literally feel like it just came off the assembly line. WOW! The sound is completely gone and the car is quieter than a Prius .

So for all you C250s out there, get your ECU/TCU updated by an indie shop that uses the MB Xentry system (or the dealer if you can wrangle them to actually do it), and make sure your intake hoses and entire system does NOT have any holes in it. Here's some photos that the indie shop sent to me with the intake part that broke that needed replacing. Thanks a million to MBT Mercedes Master Techs of Atlanta in Norcross, GA. HUGE help in resolving what multiple dealers said was "normal".

The part that cracked on the intake hose.

Where the cracked "elbow" piece connects.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
I bet it's the hose
Old 03-27-2020, 09:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 c250 coupe
Originally Posted by njplanner
Hi guys!
So after 4.5 years of having a weird, loud gurgling/gulping/grunting noise coming from the passenger footwell area of my C250, I've finally fixed the issue and found the culprit. As you know, this issue has affected countless C250 owners (especially 2012MY owners) and no one on this forum has been able to find a fix, let alone confirm where the issue is coming from. Forum users mrm143 and Whitec250 have also made posts about this. It appears this has disproportionately affected the 2012MY but also some 2013 and '14 MYs as well.

I took my car into a local indie shop for a 'big' service to be done and decided to upgrade the ECU and TCU software in addition to motor mounts. The shop called me and said a SECTION OF THE INTAKE HOSE (the huge hose visible when you open the hood of the car) was ripped and needed to be replaced at the tune of $290. I quickly googled this part and found that the elbow looking section of this much larger hose won't be replaced by MB or my indie shop without buying the entire hose. While I could have saved some money and only replaced the elbow piece as folks have done online, I decided to get an entirely new hose. Between the ECU/TCU software update and the Intake hose, I'm not sure which one actually fixed the issue, but my god, the car sounds so quiet and is so smooth that I literally feel like it just came off the assembly line. WOW! The sound is completely gone and the car is quieter than a Prius .

So for all you C250s out there, get your ECU/TCU updated by an indie shop that uses the MB Xentry system (or the dealer if you can wrangle them to actually do it), and make sure your intake hoses and entire system does NOT have any holes in it. Here's some photos that the indie shop sent to me with the intake part that broke that needed replacing. Thanks a million to MBT Mercedes Master Techs of Atlanta in Norcross, GA. HUGE help in resolving what multiple dealers said was "normal".

The part that cracked on the intake hose.

Where the cracked "elbow" piece connects.

I believe it was actually the motor mounts that fixed it. I just ordered a set as well as the tranny mount. I’ve heard a whole bunch of mechanics saying could be the mounts and my motor lifts up almost to the hood when I give it gas. I will have them installed within a week or so and let you guys know.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 c250 coupe
It’s like a brand new car. Did the motor and tranny mount and it’s so quiet now I can’t believe it. So I believe this is the fix to anyone having a rumble noise issue. Thanks again for everyone’s help and suggestions.
Old 07-29-2024, 03:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C250, RRS HSE, BMW X1, ND Miata, 1973 Clubman GT
I actually have this sound that I just posted a thread thinking that my W204 C250 has a sound tube that puts some gurgling sound into the right front passenger area. I replaced that small hose on the intake already because my car used to misfire when it leaked.

After

Before