C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Oily Rag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2020 | 04:28 PM

2010 C180 Executive Se Auto.
Oily Rag

Hi all.
I wonder if anybody out there can stop me tearing my hair out any further.
I have the "dreaded" P034062 fault code recurring.
I replaced the camshaft position sensor, as a matter of course but it doesn't seem to have cured anything.
My car is a 2010 W204. CGI. C180 Blue efficiency.
The car labours on start up, sometimes, with engine hot or cold and is noisy for a few seconds afterwards.
It sometimes seems like the battery is flat as the engine turns over slower than usual before it fires up, but I have a brand new battery and the voltage is fine.
Once the car starts, it is quiet. No timing chain rattle, even when blipping the throttle. The car runs fine, ticks over evenly, accelerates as normal and to all intents and purposes there is no problem at all.
The only problem is on start up.
Everywhere I look it says that it is probably issues with timing chain, chain adjusters or other expensive items.
As there is NO noise from timing chain, no slap or rattling, when running, I am wondering if there is any possibility that a faulty starter motor could cause a P0340 fault in any way.
I have seen starting circuit listed, on a few sites and am wondering if it could be the culprit.
I would welcome any, (sensible) comments and would love to hear if anyone out there has experienced that particular fault code associated with a starter motor fault.
Thank you.