C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Passenger seat electrics weren't working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 c350
Lightbulb Passenger seat electrics weren't working.

I'll just leave this here in the hope it will help someone in the future.
I have a 2013 C350 (W204). Recently I found that the passenger power seat adjustment wasn't working. The driver's side was fine.
So, being a retired auto mechanic I knew enough to check the easy things first.
Was there power from the car battery? Yes, because the car would start and the DS seat worked ok.
Next up - check fuses. I knew there was a fuse panel in the trunk, right side, behind the drop-down flap and one under the hood. But which fuses fed the seats?
Wedged under the fuse panel in the trunk was a fuse diagram for the under-hood panel (right side, at back, next to brake booster, under the flip-tab lid) and the trunk panel.
Listed were six fuses for Seats. One under the hood, five in the trunk.
I removed them all, one at a time and tested their continuity with a multi-meter. All fuses tested ok. Hummphhh.
Back to the seat control switch to see if R&R the fuses had done anything. We can hope can't we?
Voila !!! The seat worked. Conclusion - a bad fuse connection made good by the scraping of the out-in action.
Next time I'll do the fuses one at a time to locate the culprit.

I just hope this helps someone.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c300
Hi, I noticed that my c300 driver car seat is working on one side but not the other.. do you have any idea what that might be?
Old 05-31-2020, 03:10 PM

2013 c350
When you say "is working on one side but not the other" do you mean of the same seat? I don't know as I'm not familiar with the operating mechanism of the seat. Try something simple like removing and replacing the plugs under the front edge of the seat a few times. That might shine up some contacts. Again, try the easy stuff first.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:30 PM

Mercedes c300
Originally Posted by Zozzle
When you say "is working on one side but not the other" do you mean of the same seat? I don't know as I'm not familiar with the operating mechanism of the seat. Try something simple like removing and replacing the plugs under the front edge of the seat a few times. That might shine up some contacts. Again, try the easy stuff first.

hi! Thank you for replying, I’m new here and not exactly sure where I should post this question.

when I say working on one side but not the other, I mean it’s sliding on the right track but not the left track. When I looked underneath the seat there was nothing obstructing the wires. How do I remove the plugs?
Old 05-31-2020, 04:56 PM

2013 c350
Get a flashlight and look under the front of the seat. You will probably see a black plug and a yellow one. The black plug operates the front-back seat movement. Grip it on both ends and and squeeze hard to press tabs. Pull on the plug at the same time. Work it in & out to shine up the contacts. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:47 PM

Mercedes c300
Hi thank you for this suggestion, is there a tutorial of some sort on how to plug out the plugs? I tried squeezing them but they’re not budging and I’m not sure if I’m doing it right. When I squeeze on the plugs, which direction am I supposed to be pulling on it? Because I don’t want to break anything lol